SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 recall/upgrade information from CS Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Dang, no shipping label yet.. But nice to know they are being sent.

Cliff
FPD ret., USN ret., NRA Lifer

Posts: 45 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AFAIK Sig will upgrade ALL P320s, regardless of owner change. buy it, register for the upgrade, be patient, and enjoy it until you get notified.

--- Joe ---
Sig Sauer P320RX, P229, P365XL
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Ruger 10/22 Custom Build, AR-556, Wrangler
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L

Posts: 32 | Location: SE, PA USA | Registered: June 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I just realized that you have to send a complete pistol. I purchased a FCU. Will they upgrade just the trigger pack?

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
I just realized that you have to send a complete pistol. I purchased a FCU. Will they upgrade just the trigger pack?

You could call customer support and ask. I am doubtful they will because you would not be able to use the FCU with and slide that had not been modified to accept the disconnector.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I am buying one second hand today as like I predicted you can get one cheap from a panicked owner.

Will they honor the upgrade for this gun from me?

I called SIG about this several days ago because I have a second hand, orphaned FCU (no grip or slide). They said to register it like any other 320 and they would take care of it.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:

Buy a conversion kit and send it into SIG?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:

Personally I would wait until you get a slide, so that you can send them in together and they can be fixed and test fired by Sig. As far as I know, there is no end date on the upgrade program and if there were it'd probably be years away. In the meantime you can't shoot half a pistol anyways so what's the rush?

Also, if you get the FCU fixed now and end up with a slide that isn't, you'll be in a weird spot needing to send it in to Sig but when you provide your S/N their records will show you've already had the upgrade. This is inevitable with such a modular pistol, and Sig will have to address it eventually, but personally I'd wait.

I suppose an argument for doing it now would be that if you wait but end up purchasing a slide that HAS the upgrades, you won't be able to shoot it until you register and wait your turn... and there's no telling what the wturnaround times will be in the future. Hmmm...

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
I suppose an argument for doing it now would be that if you wait but end up purchasing a slide that HAS the upgrades, you won't be able to shoot it until you register and wait your turn... and there's no telling what the wturnaround times will be in the future. Hmmm...

I think it's the other way around. An upgraded slide will work on an original FCU, but an upgraded FCU will not work on an original slide.

The upgrade to the slide is just a recess in the slide, it doesn't have to be filled with anything to make it work. If you don't have the recess in your slide, there is nowhere for the disconnect tab on the new trigger bar to go.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shipped mine on Oct 16th. It is arriving back today.

Posts: 3 | Registered: June 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
My P320 arrived this morning. Here are my preliminary impressions (more to come once I get it to the range).

Pros...
1. Very fast turn around. It was gone a total of 8 days.

Cons...
1. I think the new trigger is ugly.
2. I now have an unfinished spot in my slide.
3. From dry firing it, the trigger feels worse than when I shipped it. Definitely heavier. However, it is dry as a bone and I haven't had a chance to oil it yet, so that could be part of the issue.
4. Sig provided a prepaid shipping label, but not a box so I had to buy one that would fit my Sig box to ship it back.
5. For all the trouble, no free hat or mags like other companies have done. I got a sticker and a one time use 25% off coupon for the Sig Store. Considering they charge MSRP most of the time, probably barely cheaper then I could buy stuff elsewhere.

I'll withhold final judgment on whether I keep it or sell it until I make it to the range and try the trigger for real. Unfortunately, that will be Friday at the earliest.

UPDATE: 11/4/2017:
I finally made it to the range yesterday. The issue I first noticed with the trigger must have been from how dry it was. Once oiled and fired, it was at least as good as it was new. It is definitely a keeper.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: frogger,

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waiting on Fed-X to pick mine up this morning. I hope the upgrade shoots better than it looks. The pictures I have seen of the trigger make it look like a Walmart BB gun.

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As feared: poor original trigger pull made worst by "cure" for a rare possibility. In quite a few decades of competitive shooting of many different types, I do not recall a singe time when a rifle or pistol was dropped - much less onto a hard surface. With significant expense and effort, triggers have been modified to be near competition level on several P320. Since then, better and less expensive striker fired options have come onto the stage. Safe queens until a collector or someone else will pay for enhanced P320s that are not to be dropped at a certain angle onto a hard surface. P320's day in the sun is over.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I disagree. IMHO The trigger feels at least as good as it did before. I have no regrets.

--- Joe ---
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L

Posts: 32 | Location: SE, PA USA | Registered: June 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well shoot, I disagree with your assessment of poor original trigger pull. All 3 of mine have very nice out of box triggers for a striker duty gun.

Plus I think you haven’t been around as much as think you have if you’ve never seen a gun dropped.

Plus it’s just plain stupid to say the 320’s day in the sun is over when it is becoming the Army’s standard sidearm. That distinction alone guarantees it a solid base for basically forever. If the Army quits on it then you might have a point, as of now, you aren’t even in the right zip code. Good news for you though is that you get to pick a new user name. Lol

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Auriemma:
I disagree. IMHO The trigger feels at least as good as it did before. I have no regrets.

Keep in mind, this is just my initial impression. I haven't even oiled it yet. I'm going to try to get to the range on Friday and I'm not making any decisions until after that. Based on other's feedback, hopefully it will be good in live firing and I'll be happy with it. I loved it before I sent it off.

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's keep it to useful, factual information, and it can stay independent of the other thread. If it heads the same way, it'll get locked as a duplicate.

If you want to speculate, or argue, do it in the other thread.

Arc.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine back today. Trigger measures same as before I sent it in. Reset feels the same. Fast turn around.
No complaints!

Posts: 3 | Registered: June 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's keep it to useful, factual information, and it can stay independent of the other thread. If it heads the same way, it'll get locked as a duplicate.

If you want to speculate, or argue, do it in the other thread.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anush: Point taken... previous post deleted.

That being said... there are many P320 owners getting their pistols back from Sig Voluntary Upgrade, the VAST majority (including myself) say the trigger is at least equal to the old one if not even better (lighter), shorter reset, and no double click (dead trigger) after firing to an empty chamber.

Frogger... I hope you have a great day at the range.

--- Joe ---
Henry Golden Boy 22LR
Springfield Saint
Browning URX
Tippmann M4-22 Elite-L

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I sent my P320 and Caliber X-Change kit in on Friday evening the 13th, Sig got it on Tuesday the 17th at 11:30 a.m., and I got the automated e-mail last night at 11:30 that my package was out the door for 2nd day air delivery---which I assume means I'll have it tomorrow (Thursday).

I'm more than pleased with the turnaround, since I originally thought it might not be back until Thanksgiving.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post