SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
P320 recall/upgrade information from CS Login/Join 
Member
Picture of Nipper
posted Hide Post
Sig has updated the P320 Voluntary Upgrade Web page:
https://www.sigsauer.com/suppo...0-voluntary-upgrade/

Now contains three sections:

1) U.S. Domestic Consumer

2) U.S. Commercial Dealer

3) U.S. & CANADIAN Military & Law Enforcement (includes Canadian consumers)

Kudos to BamaCav who posted it August 24, 2017 11:49 AM:
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...35/m/8930050824/p/72

Since we are informally trying to limit this shorter thread to useful, factual info, I've taken the liberty of passing on anything I trip over on the Mutha thread to this one.


______________________
An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing. --Nicholas Murray Butler
 
Posts: 3961 | Location: Northeast | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moderator
Picture of arcwelder76
posted Hide Post
LE/Mil upgrade page was successful for me.

If you have a certain serial range, the US Consumer page will tell you that you have a LEO/Mil gun. They are referencing a contract run, not your personal info.

Just enter NA and no's and submit the form.


Arc.
______________________________

"Like a bitter weed, I'm a bad seed"- Johnny Cash

"I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel." - Pee Wee Herman

 
Posts: 23767 | Location: Love that dirty water, oh | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I just submitted mine through the Sig website, entered the serial numbers and email address. It said it could be several weeks but I will get a shipping label for return and upgrade.


---------------------------------
- "This town reminds me of something in the bible."
- "Which part?"
- "The part right before god gets angry"
 
Posts: 7264 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lmacrichter:
Just one question. Will the upgraded parts be as strong as the original parts since they are smaller and lighter?


This is the wrong thread for this question, since any answer would be pure speculation at this point.

Here is the thread for those that want to keep engaging in speculation.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8930050824


------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
 
Posts: 923 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I recently spoke to Sig CS and was told the Voluntary Upgrade would not be begin for "regular customers" until Oct/Nov.

I asked what he meant by that. He told me they are working LEO, dealers and then customer pistols.

Just food for thought.
 
Posts: 378 | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moderator
Picture of arcwelder76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AWMP:
I recently spoke to Sig CS and was told the Voluntary Upgrade would not be begin for "regular customers" until Oct/Nov.

I asked what he meant by that. He told me they are working LEO, dealers and then customer pistols.

Just food for thought.


Servicing LEO pistols first, makes sense. Handling pistols not already in customers hands, also makes sense. The pistols sitting with dealers, would be sold to regular folks, so if they need "upgrade" they're simply shunted to the third group if not repaired. Commercial customers being "last" isn't some sort of slight, or a poor choice by SIG. Doing it any other way, would not be better.


Arc.
______________________________

"Like a bitter weed, I'm a bad seed"- Johnny Cash

"I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel." - Pee Wee Herman

 
Posts: 23767 | Location: Love that dirty water, oh | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by AWMP:
I recently spoke to Sig CS and was told the Voluntary Upgrade would not be begin for "regular customers" until Oct/Nov.

I asked what he meant by that. He told me they are working LEO, dealers and then customer pistols.

Just food for thought.


Servicing LEO pistols first, makes sense. Handling pistols not already in customers hands, also makes sense. The pistols sitting with dealers, would be sold to regular folks, so if they need "upgrade" they're simply shunted to the third group if not repaired. Commercial customers being "last" isn't some sort of slight, or a poor choice by SIG. Doing it any other way, would not be better.


One presumes there is a higher likelyhood of LEO pistols being used regularly than at least the average consumer. In any case, it isn't like they are taking all the pistols in and sitting on them. Personally, I'd rather that they have some time to figure out and fine tune the process before they get around to asking for mine. Just a thought...
 
Posts: 2655 | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
So when does sig actually start accepting guns so they can be 'upgraded'?
 
Posts: 1229 | Location: OHIO | Registered: December 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moderator
Picture of arcwelder76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hask12:
So when does sig actually start accepting guns so they can be 'upgraded'?



That question is implicit in the presence of this thread. Please just wait for people to post what they learn from SIG. Please follow these steps:

1- Own a P320

2- Enter your information into the website linked in this thread

3- Wait patiently for SIG to contact you directly

4- Report back in this thread what SIG has told you directly, not what your wife's uncle's brother in law who went to school with a guy who works at a gun store where a guy who knows a guy at SIG stops by.

5- If you don't own a P320 and have no relevant information, please do not post in this thread, so that it stays as unfettered as possible.


Arc.
______________________________

"Like a bitter weed, I'm a bad seed"- Johnny Cash

"I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel." - Pee Wee Herman

 
Posts: 23767 | Location: Love that dirty water, oh | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Even if you're military a privately purchased P320 will fall in the "civilian" serial number area and drop you to a lower priority. (Just entered my data. Smile )

-- Chuck


"Never send a man where you can send a bullet."
 
Posts: 2995 | Location: Cleveland, Ohio | Registered: June 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I spoke to customer service today and was told they have not begun sending out E-mails to folks who have submitted their serial numbers. The rep I spoke with said it won't be happening for several more weeks YMMV
 
Posts: 371 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
Picture of rscalzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did they say anything about a timeline for LE pistols?



That depends if it's a departmental firearm or one owned personally .


Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
 
Posts: 4464 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
Picture of soggy_spinout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stinx:
I spoke to customer service today and was told they have not begun sending out E-mails to folks who have submitted their serial numbers. The rep I spoke with said it won't be happening for several more weeks YMMV

So they haven't been bringing back in the guns yet, let alone doing any changes to guns? I was thinking about entering in the vitals for my 320C today, but if there's going to be a delay I may as well wait a bit longer and take care of my Canik first. Of the two I enjoy shooting the Turk more anyways.
 
Posts: 7654 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moderator
Picture of arcwelder76
posted Hide Post
IF you would simply enter your info into the website, you will be contacted by SIG directly.

Since no one has yet posted that they've sent their pistol in, then it is safe to assume that nothing has happened.

Please let's not just have endless posts asking "when" or "has anything happened." No, and remember, this board isn't affiliated with the company, so there isn't going to be any special advance notice.

If you own a P320, enter your information, and be patient. They say they'll contact you directly when it's time for you to send your pistol, so any announcement of such is still basically irrelevant to the individual.

It will be useful and informative for people to actually post when they're contacted by SIG, and have shipped their pistols. Let us all wait patiently for this first hand information, and keep this thread nice and tidy so no one has to dig for the relevant information.


Arc.
______________________________

"Like a bitter weed, I'm a bad seed"- Johnny Cash

"I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel." - Pee Wee Herman

 
Posts: 23767 | Location: Love that dirty water, oh | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I just spoke to a senior officer in a police department that issued the P320. Sig is en masse swapping out their guns for new guns with the changes and expect to have it done by November. I can only assume the civilian market will come after the law enforcement agencies are taken care of.


CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
Florida Class K Licensed Instructor
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor/RSO
NRA Certified LE Handgun/Shotgun/Rifle Instructor
SIG and Glock Armorer
 
Posts: 1896 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I registered two P320s with SIG Sauer the first day it was possible to do so. For what it is worth, I just received two nearly identical emails from SIG that read as follows:

"Dear CENSORED,

Thank you for successfully registering your P320 for SIG SAUER’s no-cost Voluntary Upgrade Program. It is our goal to keep you informed throughout this process.

We will begin sending information and labels required for returning your P320 throughout October and November. Shipping labels will go out in stages based on when each P320 was registered so you may not see yours immediately.

We would also like to take this opportunity to verify your return shipment information.

Keep in mind that we must have a physical residential address to return your firearm to you (no business or PO Box addresses will be accepted), and an adult over 21 years of age will need to be home to sign for the returned pistol.

The address that we have on file for you is:

Name: CENSORED
Address: CENSORED
City, State, Zip: CENSORED
Serial Number: CENSORED

If this information is incorrect, please call SIG SAUER Customer Service at (603) 610-3000 and select Option 1, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. EST and we will update your information.

Thank you for your patience while we prepare for this upgrade."

The two emails differ in the serial number of the weapon registered.

So perhaps at least some of us will receive shipping labels in the next 8 weeks or so.
 
Posts: 277 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
I registered two P320s with SIG Sauer the first day it was possible to do so. For what it is worth, I just received two nearly identical emails from SIG that read as follows:

"Dear CENSORED,

Thank you for successfully registering your P320 for SIG SAUER’s no-cost Voluntary Upgrade Program. It is our goal to keep you informed throughout this process.

We will begin sending information and labels required for returning your P320 throughout October and November. Shipping labels will go out in stages based on when each P320 was registered so you may not see yours immediately.

We would also like to take this opportunity to verify your return shipment information.

Keep in mind that we must have a physical residential address to return your firearm to you (no business or PO Box addresses will be accepted), and an adult over 21 years of age will need to be home to sign for the returned pistol.

The address that we have on file for you is:

Name: CENSORED
Address: CENSORED
City, State, Zip: CENSORED
Serial Number: CENSORED

If this information is incorrect, please call SIG SAUER Customer Service at (603) 610-3000 and select Option 1, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. EST and we will update your information.

Thank you for your patience while we prepare for this upgrade."

The two emails differ in the serial number of the weapon registered.

So perhaps at least some of us will receive shipping labels in the next 8 weeks or so.


I just got the same email, and a ton of people in a P320 group on Facebook have also received the same email. So it looks like this step is well under way.

Now we wait for the labels to show up.


------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
 
Posts: 923 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I got an email from Sig CS like the one posted above regarding my personal pistol today. I also got a similar email referencing the return of our shop's inventory for the upgrade as well. Both indicated shipping labels will be issued either this month or in November, depending on where we are in the que.


"Shoot first, shoot fast, shoot straight, shoot last." -- attribution unknown (to me)
 
Posts: 232 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Got the same email today, with good explanation of process. I am happy.
 
Posts: 2512 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Just recieved both my RMA numbers. The email states Fed Ex labels should be in bound in the next hour.
 
Posts: 440 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS

© SIGforum 2017