SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
P320 recall/upgrade information from CS Login/Join 
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
quote:
Originally posted by aguilar64:
So FedEx was scheduled to deliver my gun today, I took the day off to wait for them, they never showed up and I was upset, went online to check the tracking and said it was delivered, the gun was indeed delivered to my front door, no signature required and they had released authorized, I was very surprised.


It would be quite a spectacle if you and Sig were able to get ATF's attention and have that FedEx hub shut down until your P320 was found.


It was found, left at his front door with no signature required.
 
Posts: 4028 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
The short turn-around times reported are for after you get the shipping labels and send the pistol off. You may wait months before you see a shipping label.

And not everyone sees 1 week or less turn-around times. For me it was 3 1/2+ weeks and 2 1/2+ weeks respectively, which is still not bad. But I know of others whose pistols have been with SIG for over a month.


I wonder why some after returned with short turn around while it takes others awhile to be returned?
 
Posts: 4028 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
The short turn-around times reported are for after you get the shipping labels and send the pistol off. You may wait months before you see a shipping label.

And not everyone sees 1 week or less turn-around times. For me it was 3 1/2+ weeks and 2 1/2+ weeks respectively, which is still not bad. But I know of others whose pistols have been with SIG for over a month.


I wonder why some after returned with short turn around while it takes others awhile to be returned?

I believe it is because they are done in batches according to models




No, Daoism isn't a religion



 
Posts: 13048 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
The short turn-around times reported are for after you get the shipping labels and send the pistol off. You may wait months before you see a shipping label.

And not everyone sees 1 week or less turn-around times. For me it was 3 1/2+ weeks and 2 1/2+ weeks respectively, which is still not bad. But I know of others whose pistols have been with SIG for over a month.


I wonder why some after returned with short turn around while it takes others awhile to be returned?

I believe it is because they are done in batches according to models


Yeah but when they send out the email they say they are ready for your pistol so why send out the email if they aren’t truly ready for it? Just so they can have it on hand?
 
Posts: 4028 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
The short turn-around times reported are for after you get the shipping labels and send the pistol off. You may wait months before you see a shipping label.

And not everyone sees 1 week or less turn-around times. For me it was 3 1/2+ weeks and 2 1/2+ weeks respectively, which is still not bad. But I know of others whose pistols have been with SIG for over a month.


I wonder why some after returned with short turn around while it takes others awhile to be returned?

I believe it is because they are done in batches according to models


Yeah but when they send out the email they say they are ready for your pistol so why send out the email if they aren’t truly ready for it? Just so they can have it on hand?


Possibly since they don't know how soon you will send it in to them. I got my notice and didn't send for over a week due to travel and other commitments.
 
Posts: 8 | Registered: October 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
quote:
Originally posted by aguilar64:
So FedEx was scheduled to deliver my gun today, I took the day off to wait for them, they never showed up and I was upset, went online to check the tracking and said it was delivered, the gun was indeed delivered to my front door, no signature required and they had released authorized, I was very surprised.


It would be quite a spectacle if you and Sig were able to get ATF's attention and have that FedEx hub shut down until your P320 was found.


It was found, left at his front door with no signature required.


I took his post to mean that he waited at home all day and they never showed up. I must have misread it.
 
Posts: 3211 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
I went on-line yesterday and signed up. It will be interesting to see how long it will take for Sig to get to me.


I registered two on Oct. 30 and received my shipping labels this evening.


___________________________
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin
 
Posts: 1482 | Location: Central Va. | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I registered my FS45 a couple of months ago. Got the return info email today. I sure hope the trigger is as good when it comes back.



When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21


"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

 
Posts: 13678 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Registered back in November and received the shipping label emails yesterday. Will ship it today.
 
Posts: 4684 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat - got my labels yesterday. After three calls and about an hour wait combined CS told me that if I wanted to have my barrels crowned it would a different work order. Or a rewrite of everything to get both done. I said never mind I can see that taking 8 to 10 weeks total. I guess I'll ship both guns this week for the upgrade then barrels later (one at a time). Chris
 
Posts: 1579 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Registered back in November and received the shipping label emails yesterday. Will ship it today.

At least one person who registered on October 3 is still waiting for shipping labels.
 
Posts: 312 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Sent my 320 in yesterday afternoon, it was received at SIG at 10:00 AM this morning.
Now I wait to see how long it takes to get it back. Soon I hope.


_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.
 
Posts: 2069 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Had my updated 320F 9mm Rx to our 2nd range date since return. Been shooting 22 pistols so much in the interim it almost seems like a BIG bore....so today shot a bunch of 45 acps.

Now that 320 should be just right. The trigger remained IMHO "improved" along with the recovery/reset. No hard measurements, mere input via "butt dyno" style testing. I can guarantee my on target hits were far more frequent than with the 45 after a 2 month break from practice with them.

CS treated me well, kept me informed as much as needed, answered my questions and did astoundingly brief turn around time.


**************~~~~~~~~~~
"Nothing like a Battleship appearing in the horizon to spur diplomacy"
COTEP # 362
 
Posts: 7489 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I sent five P320's on the 26th, for the upgrade. The first of those arrived back today. Subjectively the trigger break feels about the same, but the trigger also feels like it has more takeup than previously. There is a slight burr on one edge of the trigger. It should be simple enough to dress out, but should have been taken care of at Sig.

The other P320's from this batch should be here in the next day or two.
 
Posts: 1579 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Got my RMA today, will send it in tomorrow.


____________________________

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
 
Posts: 30164 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow will mark three months since I registered my P320 and still no shipping label. I will likely be trading it off or selling it next week.
 
Posts: 223 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moderator
Picture of arcwelder76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigwheeler:
Tomorrow will mark three months since I registered my P320 and still no shipping label. I will likely be trading it off or selling it next week.


If you were going to sell it, you should have done that before you registered. If you sell it now, after having registered, you're going to make it a hassle for whoever buys the pistol.

It took them a while to get to mine. Are you in some kind of a rush?


Arc.
______________________________

"Like a bitter weed, I'm a bad seed"- Johnny Cash

"I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel." - Pee Wee Herman

 
Posts: 23955 | Location: Love that dirty water, oh | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Good luck selling. Market is soft and the market for a gun that isn't upgraded is probably worse. I would buy an unmodded gun but I would lowball the shit out of that deal. You are better off waiting and selling after the mod most likely.
 
Posts: 1539 | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigwheeler:
Tomorrow will mark three months since I registered my P320 and still no shipping label. I will likely be trading it off or selling it next week.


If you were going to sell it, you should have done that before you registered. If you sell it now, after having registered, you're going to make it a hassle for whoever buys the pistol.

It took them a while to get to mine. Are you in some kind of a rush?


Why is that? If Sig is advised that the pistol is going to be sold to another person, why would they not be able to have it upgraded if they contact Sig after the fact? There appear to be a number of persons who are wanting non upgraded P320's as it is. The pistol is listed as being a non upgraded model and I am not misleading anybody by posting it. Wanna buy it?
 
Posts: 223 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moderator
Picture of arcwelder76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigwheeler:
Why is that? If Sig is advised that the pistol is going to be sold to another person, why would they not be able to have it upgraded if they contact Sig after the fact? There appear to be a number of persons who are wanting non upgraded P320's as it is. The pistol is listed as being a non upgraded model and I am not misleading anybody by posting it. Wanna buy it?


People do seem to want non-upgraded pistols, but how many people have sold them, after activating the RMA but not following through?

If you're going to sell it, at least call Sig and ask them whether the buyer will have an issue, should that buyer want to upgrade the pistol.

This is just due diligence to not cause a buyer inconvenience down the road. Or you could just wait, send it, and see if you like it.

Peoples times to get the RMA, and how long the turnaround is, have varied wildly. I didn't get mine for quite some time. Who knows how long they'll have it for.

If you can't wait 3 months, you're going to have a hard time buying a lot of firearms products and services.


Arc.
______________________________

"Like a bitter weed, I'm a bad seed"- Johnny Cash

"I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel." - Pee Wee Herman

 
Posts: 23955 | Location: Love that dirty water, oh | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS

© SIGforum 2018