SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 recall/upgrade information from CS Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Shipped my 45 on 12/5 and she will be home tomorrow 12/13, thats what I call service.

Thanks Sig

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
My 2nd compact 320 was delivered to Sig on Wednesday December 6th and I'll be receiving back on Thursday the 14th.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Compact came back today, and the Subcompact is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I dry-fired it, and the trigger doesn't feel very much different to me.

Also, as far as I can tell, when cycling the slide to reset for dry fire, the reset point isn't noticeably different than it was before. I'd heard about having to retract the slide almost all the way to reset, but that doesn't seem to be the case with mine.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have now had two P320s modified. After the first one came back, I compared it extensively to the non-modified one in dry fire.

I agree there is not all that much difference in trigger action after the modification. The main difference for me is that the modified trigger breaks a bit lighter than the original. That is true for both of my pistols.

Apart from this, in dry fire comparison I felt that the pre-travel for the modified trigger was a little smoother (although not shorter), and the reset for the modified trigger was a little more positive and audible. For both the original and modified triggers the quality of the break was just about identical, with some creep which I regard as the norm for a striker-fired pistol.

In live fire, the only real difference in trigger action that I can appreciate is a bit lighter break. However, the first time I shot my modified full-size P320 .45 ACP in live fire I did experience some trigger finger sting, which has also been noted by a few others.

Where your trigger resets will depend on what type of lightening cuts your slide had. On those slides with a long rout on the bottom right side of the slide, the pocket that is milled for the disconnector head when the pistol is modified will merge into that long rout, and the disconnector head will not get pushed down until it reaches the forward end of the rout.

On pistols without that long, right-sided rout the disconnector head gets pushed down as soon as it leaves the little milled pocket.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the recall and I'm not happy ! The changed the trigger to a fly one witch I like ! But the trigger is stinks it a harder trigger pull and the brake isn't clean ! That was the main reason why I bought it was the trigger . I chose the 320 over the Glock guess can you say trade in !!

Posts: 9 | Location: N.H. | Registered: January 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Sending my P-320 in today.
It is an early compact with the relief cuts in the slide.
Took a few before measurements and will post after measurements when the pistol is returned.

Before:
Trigger pull (avg 5 pulls w/Lyman digital gauge) = 6 lb + 5.5 oz w/crisp break
Rearward slide travel required for disconnector to reset = 10 mm
Trigger reset distance = 3.23 mm

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At last some numbers about trigger force! Many have expressed impressions about the "new" trigger (after slide cut and addition of disconnector), but Steve seems to be the first to tell about initial force and provides hope to tell about the "after."

With Gray trigger one can see something like 4.5 pounds-force. Has anyone sent-in a P320 that includes a Gray trigger?

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320F 45 Using Lyman gauge. Not sure that the trigger curvature is the same which could cause the slight difference in pulls.

Before Upgrade: 7/3/2017 Std Trigger Average of 10 = 7lb 9.0oz

After Upgrade: 12/12/17 Std Trigger Average of 10 = 7lb 6.2oz

No discernable difference in reset or travel comparing P320C 45 not yet sent to Sig vs P320F

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
At last some numbers about trigger force! Many have expressed impressions about the "new" trigger (after slide cut and addition of disconnector), but Steve seems to be the first to tell about initial force and provides hope to tell about the "after."

Yes, that’s nice:

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
The pull weight [after the modification] was 5 pounds, 7 ounces. The gun has about 1600 rounds through it and out of the box originally the pull weight was 6 pounds, 0 ounces. With the Apex trigger before I sent the gun back for the “upgrade” the pull weight was 5 pounds 1 ounce. The pull weight increase over the Apex trigger is probably due to the difference in the leverage contact points between the two triggers.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I probably missed it but a thought regarding the disconnector addition and the slides with lightening cut in the new milled pocket path. I have no issue with the increased slide travel to reset the trigger. But with increased slide travel the disconnector doesn’t really do its job. Without the lightening cut the disconnector activates with the slide roughly 3/16” out of battery leaving a dead trigger and preventing a possible out of battery firing situation. With the lightening cut the disconnector doesn’t make any difference in the function of the pistol compared to a non”upgraded” pistol. The trigger stays active with the slide well out of battery.

The fact that the pistol was initially designed without a disconnector strikes me as odd but since Sig has decided to add one shouldn’t it function properly? Am I looking at this wrong or something?

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
I probably missed it but a thought regarding the disconnector addition and the slides with lightening cut in the new milled pocket path. I have no issue with the increased slide travel to reset the trigger. But with increased slide travel the disconnector doesn’t really do its job. Without the lightening cut the disconnector activates with the slide roughly 3/16” out of battery leaving a dead trigger and preventing a possible out of battery firing situation. With the lightening cut the disconnector doesn’t make any difference in the function of the pistol compared to a non”upgraded” pistol. The trigger stays active with the slide well out of battery.

The fact that the pistol was initially designed without a disconnector strikes me as odd but since Sig has decided to add one shouldn’t it function properly? Am I looking at this wrong or something?

Having an early version with the relief cuts, that was my concern as well and I briefly commented on it on page 14 of this thread.
Testing my pistol prior to sending it in, I placed a shim made from a business card between the barrel and slide thus holding it slightly out of battery.
The trigger could in fact be pulled but the striker block was not activated so the striker forward movement was impeded and it appeared the barrel would be way out of alignment from the striker, hence the striker would not be able to hit the primer.
In other words, based on the original design it appears the pistol remains in battery until both the striker block and barrel alignment will prevent it from actually firing.
Someone like Bruce Gray or others who have significant experience with these pistols could probably describe this better.

Nevertheless I will retest this upon my pistols return and if it appears to be an issue it will be going back to SIG.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
Having an early version with the relief cuts, that was my concern as well and I briefly commented on it on page 14 of this thread.
Testing my pistol prior to sending it in, I placed a shim made from a business card between the barrel and slide thus holding it slightly out of battery.
The trigger could in fact be pulled but the striker block was not activated so the striker forward movement was impeded and it appeared the barrel would be way out of alignment from the striker, hence the striker would not be able to hit the primer.
In other words, based on the original design it appears the pistol remains in battery until both the striker block and barrel alignment will prevent it from actually firing.
Someone like Bruce Gray or others who have significant experience with these pistols could probably describe this better.

Nevertheless I will retest this upon my pistols return and if it appears to be an issue it will be going back to SIG.

That makes sense. So the original design relied on the striker block as the out of battery firing safety in addition to, theoretically, not allowing the full travel of the striker unless the trigger is actually pulled.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
FedEx label just hit my inbox. Should be able to get it sent off tomorrow.
Hoping it's back in time for my mid-January hunting trip.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15315 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
ETA: RANGE UPDATE 12/15
Made it to range to try out new trigger job.
Despite nearly freezing temp, ran almost 100 thru 320 9mm, first to check function/feel of the trigger, second to enjoy the pleasure in a good trigger having been subtly improved.

here's my observations:
Looks: yes, that is a different trigger, sleeker & without the boxlike reinforcement on the rear of the curve; Has a flatter contour similar to the Kidde trigger on my 10/22. No longer a clone to the 229 curve.

Pull: while didn't get release metric recorded, this new trigger pull seems to be somewhat lighter AND smoother. I like the flatter contour.

Reset: definitely improved, more rapid reset time; slide rearward movement is something between 3/8~1/2";

With this short of a test run, I regard the new trigger as a definite upgrade.

Sent in 12/5; back in my hands TODAY 12/14!!!

Impressive turn around;
impressive trigger contour even feels lighter to my dry fire, haven't measured; reset seems tighter @ a tic under 1/2" slide movement;
will be at range as soon as above freezing.

oh....looking for a creative use of the "25% off your next order" card.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: signewt,

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Received my email and printed my label last night. Im going to try and get mine in the mail tomorrow, just in time to get lost in the Christmas rush....

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig-nature
posted Hide Post
Ok... I go to the Sig store to try to use my 25% off coupon and there is no place to enter it? wtf??

It is only through labor and prayerful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things in life… Speak softly but carry a big stick.."
- Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 586 | Location: Pa. | Registered: April 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG used to issue 20% off coupons when you registered a new pistol for warranty. They stopped that a year or so ago. Those coupons could only be used for phone-in orders and were not good for every item in the store, I found.

Perhaps these coupons can only be used for phone-in orders as well.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig-nature:
Ok... I go to the Sig store to try to use my 25% off coupon and there is no place to enter it? wtf??

There's a big "Discount Code" box at the bottom of the shopping cart page, but you have to be on the page and not just in the little popup window. In that window click "My Cart" and that takes you to the full page.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
All boxed up & waiting for a lull in the office to run over to the FedEx hub to drop off.

Edit: Dropped off at 1030. We'll see what the turnaround time is with Christmas & New Years quickly approaching. I'm off for a few days before & after Christmas, would be perfect if it came back then...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15315 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't get to excited like I did ! Trigger not even close to what it was ! Wish I didn't do it Frown(((

Posts: 9 | Location: N.H. | Registered: January 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post