SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 recall/upgrade information from CS
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 recall/upgrade information from CS Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigwheeler:
I received my registration confirmation email on 10/3/17 and then an update email on 11/9/17. Still waiting for a shipping label.

Same dates as mine.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent two in one came back within seven days. The other I haven’t seen yet it’s been six weeks. I also sent the second one in with to exchange kids I had to compact slides and one sub compact slide. When I called customer service they told me they do different runs on different days so one day they might do subcompact slides in the next day they do compact slides. I will call tomorrow to see what the status is.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First batch I sent two. The first one was back quickly. Maybe a week to ten days. The second I sent with a conversion slide as well, so one compact slide and one full size. It took longer. Maybe three weeks. Just sent in last one.

Btw, I have 3 different lightening cut versions including the one with the long cutout right where disconnector travels. I ran a hundred rounds of Tula through it and another hundred through the other two slides with zero malfunctions.

Old guy at range had a couple 320's and wasn't going to send them in. I didn't hard sell at all but I pointed out that nobody intends to ever drop a gun and that I personally think the trigger feel/pull was improved overall. Let him dry fire, he turned down my live fire offer, and he said he had changed his mind and would send them in.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
I received 4 out of 5 guns back very quickly (I registered right away, sent them out quickly, got 'em back). All shoot as good as before, if not better. I have a compact on my hip right now, back where is belongs.

The 5th - I spoke to CS, gentleman was nice and pleasant, no issues. Tracked my 5th, said they are retooling machines to handle based on models received and efficiency. As long as I know they have it, I'm good. It'll come home.

No issues w/ FedEx, either sending or receiving. No issues with Sig.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "retooling" excuse does not really explain the wide variation in turn-around times. I know of individuals who sent the exact same model and caliber of P320 as the second one I sent in. Their pistols were received by SIG after mine was, yet they have had theirs back for some time now, and I am still waiting to hear.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I got two turned around in 10 days.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
After 3 months (to the day) since I registered, I finally got my shipping label.
Only issue is now I am hesitant to send it back as it is one of the early compacts with the long relief cut and I do utilize the current short disconnector action often when dry firing.
Might just wait a bit longer until the poster from the other thread gets his back to see what changes (if any) are made.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Shipped my 320C 9mm today. Hoping will only be a couple of weeks.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
When I called Sig asking if all was going okay with my Subcompact since it was taking longer than my Compact took, the CS Rep said they were waiting for new small Subcompact Grip Modules.

A change was made in the beaver tail area of the small (non-rail) Subcompact Grip Modules.

The CS Rep and I did not talk about the medium (with rail) Subcompact Grip Modules.

This photo shows the original "rounded" tail in the back with my holding the new "beaver tail" grip module in the front.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received notification from Sig and FedEx that my pistol is on its way back to me and should arrive on 12/5. I shipped it to them on 11/21. Looking forward to getting it back!

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:
When I called Sig asking if all was going okay with my Subcompact since it was taking longer than my Compact took, the CS Rep said they were waiting for new small Subcompact Grip Modules.

A change was made in the beaver tail area of the small (non-rail) Subcompact Grip Modules.

The CS Rep and I did not talk about the medium (with rail) Subcompact Grip Modules.

I wasn't aware that the upgrade had anything to do with the grip modules. Do the upgraded parts not fit in the old grip modules?

I actually prefer the old profile. I have a Subcompact boxed up for return and would prefer to get it back with the original grip frame if possible. Hmm...

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I think it would make sense, if you have multiple sized grip modules, to send your 320 in for repair wearing the sub-compact one so you get a new one in the deal

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also registered in September and got emails in early October and November. Got my shipping label late Thursday. Not dropping it of until Monday. Learned a long time ago not to ship over the weekend.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
They really are great.

After the upgrade, they are making every effort to get it back quickly..

As per the Sig shipping invoice,

Shipping Method
Fed Ex-Air-2nd Day Air

Should be interesting how this will happen. FedEx to the house.....six miles. Drop it enroute???? Confused

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:

This photo shows the original "rounded" tail in the back with my holding the new "beaver tail" grip module in the front.

It has now been 7 weeks and I am concerned. I sent in a subcompact grip module and if they are waiting on on the new grip modules this will be an issue. I have a manual safety FCU. Sig never made a manual safety subcompact grip module. I bet my upgrade is stuck in limbo and in the "What to we do" category. I am going to try to call Monday and see if I can get a straight answer.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Question for those who received the shipping label, was it simply a Barcode or Q-Code without any address or additional information?
I printed it out and it doesn't look like anything which could normally be scanned.

Regards, Steve

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BamaCav
posted Hide Post
Select the link in the email entitled "FedEx Email/Online Label NoReply." The link in the email will say "Print label yourself" and the FedEx shipping sheet will print.

Posts: 126 | Location: AL | Registered: December 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaCav:
Select the link in the email entitled "FedEx Email/Online Label NoReply." The link in the email will say "Print label yourself" and the FedEx shipping sheet will print.

Many thanks, I had printed the attachment to the email and had not gone to the link.

Regards, Steve

Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Mine just made it to the mothership... does anyone have a way to track it once its there?

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig-nature
posted Hide Post
Mine is also at the mothership now... just arrived this morning! Not in a big hurry to get it back - I have other 357Sigs - but....nice to know that its in the works.
Now waiting on a shipping label for my Canik TP9SF...

It is only through labor and prayerful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things in life… Speak softly but carry a big stick.."
- Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 586 | Location: Pa. | Registered: April 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post