SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 .45 Black Jack 09-11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 .45 Black Jack 09-11 Login/Join 
Picture of Jimg1960
posted
Found this pistol today at gun shop. It has a Calvary patch with the word blackjack running diagonal on top of the slide. It’s .45cal and has a German made frame. It also has “black jack” OIF 09-11 on the top side of the slide. They claim it’s unfired. Don’t think that’s true, however overall fairly good shape. Has numerous scratches on top of the slide. Most info I could find says they are unit guns. Made for returning units from Iraq. I have pictures but it says I don’t have permission to post them. I can email to someone to post. I didn’t buy it they are asking $999.99 lol I asked them if they felt that penny was a deal breaker...
Just curious what you guys know about these and their actual value.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I would assume there are quite a few commemorative editions out there. ~$600 at a gunshow. 16th Infantry Regiment on the top. I doubt it has any added collector value tho.

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . a Calvary patch . . .

Something bearing a crusader's cross??

Posts: 41 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: August 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
Ive seen some of the unit pistols. I haven’t seen or couldn’t find any that had the operation Iraqi freedom 9-11
To make it worse I don’t think they had the original box it came in because all the factory stickers were removed from the box and no paperwork was in it.
horse head similar to 1st cav patch

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Ive seen some of the unit pistols. I haven’t seen or couldn’t find any that had the operation Iraqi freedom 9-11
To make it worse I don’t think they had the original box it came in because all the factory stickers were removed from the box and no paperwork was in it.
horse head similar to 1st cav patch
”blackjack” diagonal from top to bottom

Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
I found the brigade it belongs to: 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division
1st Cavalry Division Patch know as the blackjack brigade.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Commemorative unit buy.

Probably cost the original owner $700 tops.

No real collector value.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the info.