SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Another P938 Optic Mount Complete
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another P938 Optic Mount Complete Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Frankly a reflex dot seems a bit outlandish on a gun as small as the 938, but somehow at the same time it's kinda cool, if in a subversive way. Now if only someone would make a robust RDS slender enough to fit on a G43...

I have 500 rounds through a G43 with a Shield RDS. Not one flicker and holds zero great. Not waterproof though, Shield may be working on one that is.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Very nice work and perfect for those with old eyes.

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
quote:
Frankly a reflex dot seems a bit outlandish on a gun as small as the 938, but somehow at the same time it's kinda cool, if in a subversive way. Now if only someone would make a robust RDS slender enough to fit on a G43...

I have 500 rounds through a G43 with a Shield RDS. Not one flicker and holds zero great. Not waterproof though, Shield may be working on one that is.

Good to know. I favor RMRs for their toughness but for a G43 I could be open to other options.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
quote:

Good to know. I favor RMRs for their toughness but for a G43 I could be open to other options.

Also have the same setup on a SW Shield that Galloway did the milling. Yeah, a Shield on a Shield, same good experience.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be interested to hear if all that added to the slide significantly affects the weight ratio for reliable cycling. Have you done it before with good results?

Posts: 120 | Location: Kansas | Registered: December 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here are the pictures of that G43.

Posts: 134 | Registered: August 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I like it. From a distance it doesn't make a lot of sense changing a small CCW into less of a conceal carry but it's not like I choose carry my G43 anyways, not when I current don't have any problems carrying a concealed G23. Things to consider...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ejes:
Be interested to hear if all that added to the slide significantly affects the weight ratio for reliable cycling. Have you done it before with good results?

The added weight is negligible. The plate is aluminum and the optic is either plastic housed,JPoint, or aluminum housed, RMS. Been doing it for years now and haven't had any issues reported.

Posts: 134 | Registered: August 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post