SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Another P938 Optic Mount Complete
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another P938 Optic Mount Complete Login/Join 
posted
Just finished another P938 optic mount service. What do you think?

Posts: 134 | Registered: August 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is what it will look like all put together.

posted Hide Post
The mount is bigger than the gun! Big Grin

I like the integrated rear sight, nice.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Not very pocket friendly.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Huh, interesting. I don't pocket carry my 938 so that's not an issue.

I typically appendix mine. I bet I could alter my kydex holster to make it fit. hmmmmmm....

How much are we talking to have that done?

I also like the slide contouring you did. Not some extreme silly melt job, but the 938 always looked unfinished to me. Like they had to rush it out the door and didn't have time to round off the edges.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of when someone writes a bible verse on a grain of rice Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not seeing a pic

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slick !!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Grips in that picture need a red Black Widow medallion in the center to stand with the red trigger. Nice, ambitious, cool and subtle melt.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Nice machine work.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

I typically appendix mine. I bet I could alter my kydex holster to make it fit. hmmmmmm....

I also like the slide contouring you did. Not some extreme silly melt job, but the 938 always looked unfinished to me. Like they had to rush it out the door and didn't have time to round off the edges.

It's $225 for the service which covers the return shipping. We don't include the optic, the plate will only fit the JPoint or Shield Sights RMS anything else is to wide. Full service includes the front suppressor height sight, milling, mounting the plate, and return shipping. We also offer the rounding service and Cerakote for an upcharge.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GallowayPrecision,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

We also make holsters that are clearanced for the optic mount service, as well as an appendix carry rig.

posted Hide Post
Equinox we finished up today with a Shield Sights RMS

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I admire the ingenuity and desire to fulfill custom demands. Top notch!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your work appears top notch, but looks so very out of place on such a small pocket gun!

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Frankly a reflex dot seems a bit outlandish on a gun as small as the 938, but somehow at the same time it's kinda cool, if in a subversive way. Now if only someone would make a robust RDS slender enough to fit on a G43...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
It seems out of place for the P938. I personally don't care for it.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Frankly a reflex dot seems a bit outlandish on a gun as small as the 938, but somehow at the same time it's kinda cool, if in a subversive way. Now if only someone would make a robust RDS slender enough to fit on a G43...

The Shield Sights RMS fits so does the JPoint. I'll dig up some pictures shortly of some we've done.

posted Hide Post
The work looks solid I’d be happy to carry it.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice machining job...not my cup-o-tea on a semi-pocket auto though..Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 726 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post