SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W 3rd Gen semi-auto with mild modifications
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W 3rd Gen semi-auto with mild modifications Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Can you give a little more info on the sights? I've got a 5906TSW that needs some sight help.

Is the rear just a Warren Novak cut for 1911?

Which Warren front sight?

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoastieLT:

I have to ask S&W, but these guns are very robust. I don't see any signs of excessive wear on those parts at all.

2 things in 13 years of seeing the 4006 and 4006TSW in service that were issues constantly. 1. Magazines, those with the yellow follower seemed to have weaker springs, some wouldn't lock the slide back reliably or would cause feeding issues. Blue followers had no issues at all, but they are challenge to load 11 rounds into. 2. The right side decocker coming off. This is the first thing I modified on mine. I put a stout spring underneath the plunger that takes considerable force to remove.

I can't remember a time I had an issue with my 4006TSW. It ran on a steady diet of 180gr. duty ammo and is extremely accurate and reliable.

Beautiful work. I just ordered one of these from Summit Gun Broker.

Could you tell me what king of spring you used to upgrade the decocker? I have heard several other people complain about the right side coming loose.

Also who did your trigger work? Thanks.

I used this Brownells # 940000314
105770000 AMBI M/S BODY PLUNGER SPRING, you'll need to grind it down a bit, but it's more robust and gives a better fit.

I performed the trigger work myself.

quote:
Originally posted by MB94:
Can you give a little more info on the sights? I've got a 5906TSW that needs some sight help.

Is the rear just a Warren Novak cut for 1911?

Which Warren front sight?

Brownells # 100005187
S&W 1911/5906 PLAIN REAR W/FO FRT-WTL

When I talked to Scott Warren these were designed for the 5906 3rd gens, it's a set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: piedrarc,

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is weapons grade stupidity that the company posing as s&w doesn't offer some of these for sale today.

When S&W finally cancelled their production, the costs were over a thousand. In the era of the glock, their popularity died. We carried the 4006TSW and 5906TSW and 4013TSW. Unfortunately, parts are long gone and the lifetime warranty is worthless. We had some 2nd. Gen malfunction and they wouldn't do a thing. In the past the cracked 2nd gen frames were replaced with a 3rd. Gen frame.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
When s&w made the integral rail, melonite 4566TSWs for the WVSP, the unit cost was $750.

The 3914DAO that they made for NYPD up until 2014 had a unit cost of $700.

The current company posing as s&w could still produce either of those models. And do it for under $1K.

But then who would buy their shitty m&p plastic guns? The profit margin on those is substantially more than on a 3rd gen gun.

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post