SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Loves me some HK lately
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loves me some HK lately Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
I have been a huge Sig and Glock fan over the years with multiples of each maker in my collection. I bought a HK USPc 9mm a few years back, thinking I was gonna get into HK, but despite really liking the USPc, I didn't get another. Well that has been rectified now that I have added a couple Mark 23's to my HK stable! These beasts are awesome! And looking back on my USPc the fit and finish is the best of any production gun I own. These HK's are friggin tanks and I understand why they cost what they do. I'm probably gonna add a VP9 someday as my buddy has one and it is a sweet shooter. Anyway, here's a pic below of my small HK collection. Feel free to post yours!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Im a fan as well. I had a few Glocks but ended up selling them. So far, H&K is the only plastic pistol company that has held my attention.

Right now my collection consists of an HK45 and a USP 45. I would like to get my hands on a Mk23 before Trump leaves the Whitehouse.

The picture below is bad. I'll have to take a better one when I get a chance.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to get a family photo of mine. I've got a pair of USPc's in 9mm, 2 P7 PSP's and a P2000sk. I appreciate a fine firearm, regardless of the maker.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the USPc 9mm I recently bought. The MK 23 makes a Desert Eagle look like a compact pistol.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
I just purchased my first HK about two months ago. I am a life long Sig fan too, but wanted to try a HK. Seen a used P30 at the local store for a very good price. It was used for 4 months and then traded in, so it was practically new! I like it so much, I am considering getting the small brother version, a P30SK. Great quality guns!!

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I love my HK's too ! I have the VP9, P2000 in 40caliber, and .45 Tactical, I bought when they first came out - 10+ ago? I'm looking to purchase a P30L in .40caliber with the AMB safety on both sides (being left-handed) BUT, I love shooting my P226 MK25 TOO!

Posts: 59 | Registered: February 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'm digging them too! You can't really appreciate HK until you suppress it though.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Great pics guys! Yeah if we ever get suporessors here in IL I'll put one on on the Mark 23's for sure.

posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat. Shot mostly sigs for years. Picked up a USP45 recently and shortly after added a p2000 9 and uspc 40. Been carrying the uspc primarily now. really like the fit to my hand and trigger reach. One interesting thing I have noticed is that my 226, 227, 229, p2000, and uspc all fit in the same supertuck holster with good retention. The way the usp45 shot the first time for me really peaked my interest in HK.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Mark 23 is on my list. Hopefully before the year is out.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Once you go HK everything else is just ok. Smile.

I think most SIG guys have a easy time going HK. I have always seen HKs as pretty much polymer SIG classics over the years, albeit with shittier triggers.

Like the P229, but don't want it in steel or alloy-----P2000 or USPC.
P226 ----- USP or P30
P220 ------ HK45c
P224 ------ P2000/P30sk.
Target models ------ elite/expert/masterofyourdomain or whatever editions
How about a P227 only sized up for your pet gorilla ---- gotcha covered MK23. Razz
Yeah but I want a really light trigger that travels for miles and has a really odd reset??? No problem we got 3 flavors of LEM to sell you.

Honestly I very much like HK and it really is my go to solution. I really do generally see them as the original polymer SIG so to speak.

The MK23 is such a cool gun in the cool gun sense but Jesus they are comically large even next to a full size P30.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
All I can say to the OP is, don't ever handle. P 30.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^funny you say that as I have indeed handled the P30 series and although it felt decent, I much prefer the USP series despite the blockier grip.

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Really nice.

I have a USPC, 45C and two P7M8s, and my next will be a Mark 23. Great pic.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^thanks! Always wanted to try a P7, to see what all the fuss was always about. I can't remember if I've even ever held one.

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
If I was forced, I would pick the HK USPc as my sole pistol. Not because its the most svelt. Not because its the easiest to shoot. (Especially with the LEM.) Not because its the most accurate.

It is the most reliable handgun I have ever owned. My first was retired after I stopped counting at 50K rounds. I shot it for a year or two after that before it was retired. Every round thru it was either .40 Gold Dot or Speer Lawman.

You just cant ask for anything more than that out of a defensive handgun.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
Always love the P2000s in particular.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I bought a USP 9 Tactical and love it. At the time I was unaware the Expert were being discontinued and the LGS still had one for a few bucks more than the Tactical. I have a can so I went with the Tactical with I would have gotten the expert now.
A Mark 23 and P2000 in .357 Sig are on the list as well.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25357 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I am a big fan of is the P7 series. I recently acquired a P7M8 and it is one cool gun.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post