Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Please believe me when I say that I have polished, oiled , greased everything that I thought that might be a problem.
It wasn't taking the lever OUT that was the problem, but turning it down to allow breakdown.
Yesterday at the range I gave the gun to a young man and asked him to try the break down lever. He couldn't pull the lever down either. Even after I have put a lot of time into getting it to work better. It took my nylon block to finally turn it down.
It's either going to need the nylon block forever or after 100's of turns it will eventually get better.
Right now ... it's a little better than what it was (WITHOUT the slide). Still a hump to go over. With the slide on, impossible to turn without the nylon block.

Posts: 16 | Registered: August 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
PMF, call Sig. Their customer service is good. Yours may be out of spec. See what they say.
Best time to call is Tuesday through Thursday. You may have to wait a bit.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arty:
With all the polishing that I have done and the 300 rounds that I have put through it, I am sure they won't take it back. May not even offer to fix it because it's altered. B U T it's worth a call, if nothing else but, to complain about their quality control !! I looked at their web site, saw the phone number, looked for a email address, couldn't find one. Guess a phone call is next.
Good Idea !!!

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Call 'em... send it back, make it their problem.
Should not matter how many rounds you've run through it... if anything this shows there is a problem.

I've started thinking about moving to a 320 and is why I read this thread.... I own two P226's and a P250 and the take down lever on none of them is difficult to move......

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG support called.

"That is the nature of "THAT" gun and will get better with use."
He liked my nylon, notched, block idea for leverage BUT he has no idea, or wasn't listening to the fact, that it wouldn't turn without the assistance of extra leverage.

ie Deal with it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
SIG support called.

"That is the nature of "THAT" gun and will get better with use."
He liked my nylon, notched, block idea for leverage BUT he has no idea, or wasn't listening to the fact, that it wouldn't turn without the assistance of extra leverage.

ie Deal with it.

Politely escalate the issue. Worked for me with another problem.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ZSMICHAEL:

Thank You for your suggestion.
But, at this point, I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
I got it the 7th of August, run 300+ rounds through it so far and I'm going to the range tomorrow.
When I get to 1000 rounds or better, if things haven't improved, I will probably give them another jingle.
In the meantime, I think, I will build another nylon block to fit the lever better.
Instead of just a notch, have it fit the whole bottom side of the lever with a portion over the top. Like a bottle opener.

posted Hide Post
Made a new block of Nylon ...........
Works like a dream !!
Resistance but able to turn the lever.
Take the block off .........impossible with just your bare hands.
Even after the slide has been removed.
Very difficult to turn to a point and then it stops with bare hands and becomes extremely difficult !!
With the new block ......like butter !!!
Happy camper.

posted Hide Post
on my 3 P320s, the recoil spring rod can get cocked a bit to interfere with turning the takedown lever. a bit of wiggling the rod usually made it work just fine.

P320 RX 9mm
P320 X5 9mm

Posts: 8 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: December 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Lock the slide back, wiggle the guide rod as you rotate the lever. Mine does the same, always has, there is a sweet spot where it will move just as smooth as it could, but the guide rod has to be lined up.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bigeric:
matthew03:
While investigating remedies I ran into a UTube video that suggested your method. I tried it and got no satisfaction.
Very happy with the way it shoots. A smaller grouping than my S&W 45. Had some other range patrons try to turn the take down lever by hand including a lady. No one could. I loaned my nylon block to them and All, including the gal, were able to turn the lever without issue.
I need to patent my design !!! ;-)

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
My own 320s 9mm dismount lever:

1st one was 'just a little stiff' but in a couple thousand rounds worked 'just right' without any mods from me;

2nd one was 'more stiff than previous pistol' but nothing like you described. I have discovered that 'sweet spot' described above and that works very well on mine. Now about 18 months old with moderate range use (3000 rounds) there is still snug fit for everything and it reminds of a luxury car interior for fit & finish.

Other Sigs I clean with similar take-down lever are not as demanding.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P365 was the same way. That and when I did get the lever down the slide didn't want to be pushed all the way off! I sent it back to Sig. Couldn't find anything wrong with it __but___when it came back the take down lever was much easer and I could
push the slide off without having to use a jack hammer.
I think the tech or whom ever maybe reassembling it
corrected something? Either way, I don't care what they did it's okay now.
Never had any such problem with my P320__everything is smooth as silk.
I hadn't heard these about the P320's before.
Hope you get your new P320 smoothed out.
Welcome to the forum
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Horn:
Thank You.
Always Safe.

Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Picked up a nice 320 compact in .45
Shoots great, take down is stiff but manageable
Soft shooter and plenty accurate, no issues with the first 300 rounds.
Born date Dec. 2017

Does anybody know when Sig is planning on releasing the MEDIUM grip modules for the .45 compacts?

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post