SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a Shield 9 mm. Anything I need to know?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a Shield 9 mm. Anything I need to know? Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Mine is a very accurate pistol. I removed the little wire lever (sear lock), installed an Apex kit, polished a few surfaces. I also installed Truglow night sights. One can easily remove the thumb safety if desired.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Picked up a Shield 9 mm. Anything I need to know?

They have the Sheild in 45 ACP. Wink

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
Mine is a very accurate pistol. I removed the little wire lever (sear lock), installed an Apex kit, polished a few surfaces. I also installed Truglow night sights. One can easily remove the thumb safety if desired.

Can you tell me about removing the sear lock wire? I haven't taken this down yet. Saw online about this thing and it seems a bit of a pain. Any negatives to removing it?

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look into the Apex Duty/Carry Kit for the Shield. Includes their rounded striker block and machined sear in addition to new trigger springs. The striker block and sear will make the biggest difference, the Shield's stock trigger is somewhat gritty.

Installation of the striker block requires removal of the rear sight, which is a real PITA, but it's a good opportunity to upgrade the sights at the same time.

SP 2022 .40 S&W (German-proofed), P245

Posts: 117 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I CCW a Shield during cold weather season. I bought mine as a Shield40, when the ammo hoarding craze was happening several years ago, as .40sw ammo was more available than 9mm. I changed everything out to Apex parts and really love the gun. Shoots a lot like my FS M&P9/40. However I also wanted to shoot 9mm. I was going to add a Shield9 when I came across a beat up Shield9 slide for $100. Given how much I spent on Apex parts for the lower, it was a no brainer for me to buy the slide and just swap slides. Now I can shoot 9mm and/or .40sw.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post