SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Glock 17 gen 5 blue label :)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Glock 17 gen 5 blue label :) Login/Join 
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
The G45 is a great in between of the 19 and 17. I really like mine. It has around 2600 rounds through it. I need to shoot it along side the G17 and see if I can feel the difference.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
jbourneidentity, you've twice posted the comment below, in two different threads. In this thread and the other one, I've asked your opinion on the rumors of failing accuracy in gen 5 Glocks. Why is it that I cannot get a response from you? In this thread, you posted your comment two days ago. I posted my question to you less than an hour after you posted in this thread. Yesterday you were here, because I see that yo have an ad in Classifieds that you posted yesterday, and I see that you logged into the forum today, so it's not as if you haven't been in the forum to see my question, not to mention your lack of response to me in the other recent thread on the subject. So, I can't help but be curious. Why can't I get response from you? I don't ask the opinions of just anyone around here, but twice I've sought out your opinion, to no avail. Once- I can see that. I can see you simply missing my question, but twice makes me wonder. It seems as if you're ignoring me. Is there some issue I'm not aware of?
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
I've been a Glock armorer for years. I've carried a Glock off and on (mostly on) for the previous 27 years. Last April, I went through the Gen 5 Glock armorer update. Expecting more of the same old same and not too enthused, I was shocked at the improvements. The changes in the trigger return spring, slide lock spring, and barrel alone are superb! I was so smitten with the Gen 5 improvements that I traded my outstanding Gen 4 G19 for a Gen 5 G19 and a Gen 3 Glock 22 for a Gen 5 Glock 34. These new Gen 5s have proven to be utterly reliable, and though I can't prove it empirically yet, I believe they are mechanically more accurate. I've been through a couple of GoRuck firearms classes with the Gen 5s and there have been no malfunctions or hiccups, so the reliability is still there.

I believe that the Gen 4 introduction was such a debacle that Glock actually learned something from it and that's why the Gen 5 introduction has been so seamless and the praise almost universal. I shot a friend's G45 9mm last month and I'm shocked. It's the most comfortable, lowest recoiling Glock 9mm I've ever fired and it's not even close. I would love to see what a really talented shooter of true ability could do with the G45.
Yes, but according to some sources, gen5 Glocks begin to lose accuracy after several thousand rounds, and by the 10,000 round mark, these pistols are shooting dinner plate-sized groups. Any comment on or experience with this?

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
jbourneidentity, you have an ad running in my Classifieds section. Either have the courtesy to respond to me or remove your ad from this forum.

You've got a lot of nerve, man, to use my bandwidth to sell your stuff, yet ignore me like I'm the freaking janitor here.

posted Hide Post
quote:
jbourneidentity, you have an ad running in my Classifieds section. Either have the courtesy to respond to me or remove your ad from this forum.

You've got a lot of nerve, man, to use my bandwidth to sell your stuff, yet ignore me like I'm the freaking janitor here.

Para, I am extremely sorry. Please excuse me. I made a mistake and didn't sign up for email notifications on this particular thread. I give you my word as a long-time member, I am not purposely ignoring you and would never do that. I have the greatest respect for your input and this forum. I apologize and will do better in the future by signing up for email notifications in threads where I post comments. I simply lost track of my comment here and didn't realize it until NFrame just emailed me and told me that I'd better respond. Again, my apologies.

As for your specific question, I do not yet have anywhere near 10,000 rounds through either of my Gen 5 Glocks, and I can't think of any fellow Gen 5 Glock 9mm owners who have higher round counts through theirs. My round count through my G19 and G34 is probably 2500 and they both retain their original accuracy. The takeover of Gen 5 Glock 9mms from the older Gen 3 & 4 G22s is recent and sudden in Arkansas LE. For example, during the spring, 2019, we had approximately 30 Gen 3 & 4 G22s and only 15 Gen 5 9mms. This semester, it flip-flopped almost to the letter. Therefore, the long-term accuracy test-bed of Gen 5s simply doesn't have a high enough round count to provide good data for your question. However, the Arkansas State Police also just transitioned to the Gen 5 Glock 17 9mm, so, between the ASP and our local law enforcement students, along with my own shooting, I should be able to provide you with more information regarding a possible degradation in Glock accuracy within the next few months as round counts increase.

I've not heard of any degradation of Gen 5 9mm accuracy from anyone so far, including fellow officers and a friend who is a blue label dealer and moves tons of them. If this changes, I'll post it. Thanks, and again, my sincere apologies.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thank you. As I said, I don't ask for the opinions of just anyone in this forum. I can see your credentials and I value your perspective. We'll consider the matter a misunderstanding, and water under the bridge.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you. As I said, I don't ask for the opinions of just anyone in this forum. I can see your credentials and I value your perspective. We'll consider the matter a misunderstanding, and water under the bridge.

Thank you for asking my perspective, sir. I am grateful and will do better in the future.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para,
I posted some of my experience with G5 in the original thread on this accuracy issue. But since then I now have two G45's that have exceeded 10K rounds and there has been no change in accuracy.
I also promised to do a thermal test and show the temperature gradient on shooting since I am now personally curious about how much thermal reaches the optics based on that original thread. But unfortunately events have prevented me having access to the necessary thermal measuring equipment. I hope that test will happen this week.
FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I really really really like the Gen 5 G45. If I had to come out of retirement and go back on the streets that is the pistol that I would want in my holster. It just rides in a holster nice, presents fast and true, and is a real pussycat to shoot. I have not heard any rumblings about the Gen 5 accuracy degradation yet but will keep my ears open and see if anything pops up.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post