SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Glock 17 gen 5 blue label :)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Glock 17 gen 5 blue label :) Login/Join 
Picture of Nframe
posted

Made in Austria. There’s no front cut out just like on my G45. It’s a nice shooter.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Looks good!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Been eyeing a g17gen5 MOS

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK a G17 MOS is a very good choice and I recommend it. But Nframe (and maybe Para will tag me on this) why is posting a picture of a completely common G17 not once but twice relevant? I get posting it in the you will buy a glock thread, but here? Is there something unusual about it (I'm not a glock nut even though I have a bunch of them)>??

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
OK a G17 MOS is a very good choice and I recommend it. But Nframe (and maybe Para will tag me on this) why is posting a picture of a completely common G17 not once but twice relevant? I get posting it in the you will buy a glock thread, but here? Is there something unusual about it (I'm not a glock nut even though I have a bunch of them)>??

Front serrations and no half moon cutout on the front strap.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Yeah THIS is the Glock that people have been waiting 25 years for. This aint your grand dads Glock. The greatest battle implement ever devised .

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I like the front serrations and lack of cutout. That just might be a Glock I would buy.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
This one is not the MOS!

The shop was telling me its the "latest and greatest from Glock"!

The slide coating isn't as slick as my early gen5 G19. Thus making the slide manipulations more sure along with the front serrations.

I'm hoping by the weekend the rain clears out and I'll get out to really put some rounds through this thing.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I blasted another 200 rounds through it today. No finger grooves is pretty dang nice. Some better sights are needed though.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
I blasted another 200 rounds through it today. No finger grooves is pretty dang nice. Some better sights are needed though.

How do you like the beavertail backstrap. I go back and forth with it.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
Is there a current Gen5 19 in that configuration yet? (absent the cut out)

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangemaster:

Yes, no cut out, but no front serrations, either.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:

I found the Truglo Tritium Pro to be a very good sight option on a Gen 5 G17. Point of aim is a bit high at 25yds with 115gr WWB, but that large white front ring coupled with the U-notch and narrow light bars works for me. FWIW.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Yes, no cut out, but no front serrations, either.

It is possible to swap a G45 slide with the G19 slide and have the front serrations and no cut out. I have swapped slides and shot both my G19 gen 5 and G45 both ways.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes. My LGS has two new blue label 19s with no cut out and front cocking serrations.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I have a Glock 45 and a 34 MOS. I think Glock finally reached perfection with the gen 5.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been a Glock armorer for years. I've carried a Glock off and on (mostly on) for the previous 27 years. Last April, I went through the Gen 5 Glock armorer update. Expecting more of the same old same and not too enthused, I was shocked at the improvements. The changes in the trigger return spring, slide lock spring, and barrel alone are superb! I was so smitten with the Gen 5 improvements that I traded my outstanding Gen 4 G19 for a Gen 5 G19 and a Gen 3 Glock 22 for a Gen 5 Glock 34. These new Gen 5s have proven to be utterly reliable, and though I can't prove it empirically yet, I believe they are mechanically more accurate. I've been through a couple of GoRuck firearms classes with the Gen 5s and there have been no malfunctions or hiccups, so the reliability is still there.

I believe that the Gen 4 introduction was such a debacle that Glock actually learned something from it and that's why the Gen 5 introduction has been so seamless and the praise almost universal. I shot a friend's G45 9mm last month and I'm shocked. It's the most comfortable, lowest recoiling Glock 9mm I've ever fired and it's not even close. I would love to see what a really talented shooter of true ability could do with the G45.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
I've been a Glock armorer for years. I've carried a Glock off and on (mostly on) for the previous 27 years. Last April, I went through the Gen 5 Glock armorer update. Expecting more of the same old same and not too enthused, I was shocked at the improvements. The changes in the trigger return spring, slide lock spring, and barrel alone are superb! I was so smitten with the Gen 5 improvements that I traded my outstanding Gen 4 G19 for a Gen 5 G19 and a Gen 3 Glock 22 for a Gen 5 Glock 34. These new Gen 5s have proven to be utterly reliable, and though I can't prove it empirically yet, I believe they are mechanically more accurate. I've been through a couple of GoRuck firearms classes with the Gen 5s and there have been no malfunctions or hiccups, so the reliability is still there.

I believe that the Gen 4 introduction was such a debacle that Glock actually learned something from it and that's why the Gen 5 introduction has been so seamless and the praise almost universal. I shot a friend's G45 9mm last month and I'm shocked. It's the most comfortable, lowest recoiling Glock 9mm I've ever fired and it's not even close. I would love to see what a really talented shooter of true ability could do with the G45.
Yes, but according to some sources, gen5 Glocks begin to lose accuracy after several thousand rounds, and by the 10,000 round mark, these pistols are shooting dinner plate-sized groups. Any comment on or experience with this?

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
I've been a Glock armorer for years......I was so smitten with the Gen 5 improvements that I traded my outstanding Gen 4 G19 for a Gen 5 G19 and a Gen 3 Glock 22 for a Gen 5 Glock 34.

I shot a friend's G45 9mm last month and I'm shocked. It's the most comfortable, lowest recoiling Glock 9mm I've ever fired and it's not even close. I would love to see what a really talented shooter of true ability could do with the G45.

I'm curious about this. I've not shot a 34, but I have shot a 45 and have been issued a Gen 5 G17 for several months now.

If it'd be too much of a derailment to post here, feel free to e-mail me, but what sets the 45 apart, for you, from the 19 and 34?