SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What to buy?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to buy? Login/Join 
posted
Been a year maybe a little over that I've purchased any type of firearm. I've bought ammunition, magazines, cleaning supplies but that's been about it.
A few pistols seem intriguing so I'm kinda on the fence. I like my rifles and shotguns but I really enjoy pistols.
Not gonna put a poll up but I have my eye on a Glock 19X, P10c and M&P 2.0 compact. There's others if course. 1911's, HK, a performance center revolver with an awesome trigger. Just not sure.
What I have now that I actually shoot and carry are a Kahr K9 Elite, older Sig P229 and an older P220. 3 other pistols I have are collectors and have not been shot.
LGS opens in a few hours and I'll probably go down.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
New guns don't have the same appeal as older guns do these days. I thought the G45 was nice much in the way I thought the G19X was nice to shoot, but I really don't feel the actual compulsion to spend the money on either. The P-10C is interesting but again it's just another polymer Glock wannabe, plus when I heard about frames developing cracks I wasn't particularly keen on wanting to go through that experience myself.

Aside from SIG's 365 there really hasn't been anything innovative or mind-bending to hit the market in the last couple of years. Since I still carry a 40S&W, I consequently don't feel the need or even any want for the SIG. The Hudson came close but it too has issues that ultimately make it a non-starter. I long thought I wanted a Kriss...er, I mean...Sphinx SDP but a friend of mine is now having running problems with his. The Wilson EDC 9 is neat but I'll be damned if I would pay that much for a carry-centric firearm. I guess I'm one of those who prefers SUPER SIZING IT with their ostentatious luxury. Which is probably why I keep looking at that 6" Korth PRS that I'll likely never bring myself to spend that kind of cheddar on.

For me probably the only 'new', reasonably priced handgun that I have any desire for is the K6S. But even with that one I can't imagine any desire to shoot full-on 357MAG ammo through it. So why would I truly want this again?

Yeah, it's getting HARDER to get me to part with my money for a new gun hitting the market. Especially when I keep lusting for one of those new (and final front-engined) Corvette ZR1s.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
The Sig P365 although it has it's haters, is a remarkable little gun that might supplant your carry pistols. Every time I shoot mine, I'm amazed at the accuracy of the little gun. It's in my pocket now.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're all good. I've sold a handful of 19Xs and a bunch of M&P compacts (many on here) and reviews have been positive..

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
New guns don't have the same appeal as older guns do these days. I thought the G45 was nice much in the way I thought the G19X was nice to shoot, but I really don't feel the actual compulsion to spend the money on either. The P-10C is interesting but again it's just another polymer Glock wannabe, plus when I heard about frames developing cracks I wasn't particularly keen on wanting to go through that experience myself.

Aside from SIG's 365 there really hasn't been anything innovative or mind-bending to hit the market in the last couple of years. Since I still carry a 40S&W, I consequently don't feel the need or even any want for the SIG. The Hudson came close but it too has issues that ultimately make it a non-starter. I long thought I wanted a Kriss...er, I mean...Sphinx SDP but a friend of mine is now having running problems with his. The Wilson EDC 9 is neat but I'll be damned if I would pay that much for a carry-centric firearm. I guess I'm one of those who prefers SUPER SIZING IT with their ostentatious luxury. Which is probably why I keep looking at that 6" Korth PRS that I'll likely never bring myself to spend that kind of cheddar on.

For me probably the only 'new', reasonably priced handgun that I have any desire for is the K6S. But even with that one I can't imagine any desire to shoot full-on 357MAG ammo through it. So why would I truly want this again?

Yeah, it's getting HARDER to get me to part with my money for a new gun hitting the market. Especially when I keep lusting for one of those new (and final front-engined) Corvette ZR1s.

Right on all points soggy. I think that's the reason it's been a year or more that I've bought anything. Nothing really inspires me. That's kinda sad to say but it's the truth.
I'm gonna go look around and see if anything speaks to me though. Worst case is that I buy some more ammunition and magazines.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yeah it's rather bland out there. I thought I really wanted one of the P210As but I already have a P210 Legend that I don't shoot very often. And even that "bucket list" Model 41 that we got in and I posted about a few months ago really didn't stoke any fires, especially with its mediocre bluing and reputation for sometimes being a rather cantankerous operating firearm. Plus I couldn't overcome the fact that I'm enjoying my existing 22LR pistols so much as it is, so why would I shell out over a grand for some dream queen and upset that balance of fun with the gear and guns that I already have?

Indeed it's been hard to get inspired by the current generation of products on the market. Not that I even want to, but I'm never going to own everything, so why bother putting up that fake facade. I keep coming back to the reality that what I already have is more than good enough, and nothing that's hit the market in the past couple of years is ever going to come close to changing that fact.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went with a G19X and I'm happy. Brought it home, went to the back acreage and put 400 rounds through it. Forgot how much I enjoy Glocks because it's been a while.
I did look at the P10c, M&P, CZ97, Sig Elite 226 w/Romeo and some others but the Glock came home.
First shot was dead nuts bullseye but then low left afterwards. Took about 2 magazines to adjust. Like I said, been a while since I've shot a Glock.

posted Hide Post
You are going to laugh. Here are three different styles of shooting that I enjoy shooting a lot of.

Damn good 22lr pistol
Ruger mkIV
Smith Victory
Smith 617

Damn good pocket gun in 32 acp
Beretta 81,
Beretta 950
Seecamp

I just bought a 625 and 627PC.
Either of those are fantastic guns just for plinking. pick up the moon clip loader, and go to town in your choice of 45 or 38/357

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If nothing really inspires you, wait. Look at used guns and when something unique hits your eye, be in a position to jump on it. My recommendation is to go to a range with a lot of rental guns and rent a different one each time you go, one of the ones on your short list, and if you really like one of them, buy it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
M&P 2.0 Compact, 3.6 is next on my list.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
CZ Shadow or Shadow 2. Those are my two favorite guns to shoot.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish i could write a post like this one but i trade/buy several guns a month. Just a never ending puzzle. I have my corp group that i will always keep (mostly Smith revolvers) and the game is on for all others.
Your question is a tough one. How about a really nice 9mm 1911 ?? Dan Wesson has some great models. Can't go wrong with the 19X ( i have 2) and they are my favorite Glocks to shoot.
PC revolvers are great (although not quite as great as they used to be) and if i were going to do one it would be the new 19 K Comp. I handled one and it had a really great balance and trigger.
HK's are good guns, but kind of just tools, not much to look at but great shooters and I am hearing a rumor about a 10mm USP may be coming out.I won't get another HK unkess until i know if this is real or not.
Probably not much help but it was fun responding.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry-forget everything i just said. Saw you went with the 19X. Sounds like you love it. Great concept, executed nicely by Glock.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
There’s not a great deal out there currently that peaks my interest. I’ve tuned up a couple of PX4 compacts recently that have been rather reliable and impressive performers. The only thing perhaps down the road but not for EDC, Ruger GP100 3” 10mm...

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post