SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Loose rear sight on my P320X
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loose rear sight on my P320X Login/Join 
posted
My rear sight on my P320X is loose. It was not this way when I purchased it. I have put about 1,100 rounds through the gun so far and I don't need any change to the height adjustment but noticed that the rear sight assembly is loose (if I tilt the gun down the sight assembly drops down but not out but is definitely loose). I pulled the slide assembly apart and tightened the 2 allen screws as best as I could (I don't have the proper sized allen wrench and I don't want to strip the screw heads). Just wondering if I should crank these screws down, should I put Loctite on the screws to keep this from happening again, what size allen screws are they using, and are these screws how I adjust the height of the sights if necessary (I don't want to make any height adjustments)

Posts: 13 | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would call Sig CS. The best times to call are listed on the site. They were very helpful in my case. Turns out my gun had Torx screws of a specific size; I would have messed them up with an Allen wrench.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply Fredward! I put 100 rounds through it at the range this morning after semi-tightening it yesterday and it loosened way up again. I took your advice and called Sig. They said it was an allen screw, sized 3/32". They also said go ahead and put a small dab of Loctite (the blue stuff) and that should take care of it. Going to go clean and lube it up, re-assemble and hopefully that will be the end of the issue. Thanks again. Be safe, vigilant and happy shooting!!!

posted Hide Post
Don't forget to use a de-greaser on the threads and screw hole. This will insure the Loctite works properly.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Don't forget to use a de-greaser on the threads and screw hole. This will insure the Loctite works properly.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome Nipper!
I did fully clean and let dry the threads and screw holes. Put a minimal amount of blue Loctite on the screws and let it dry completely before I re-assembled. Hopefully this takes care of the issue. Thanks again!!!

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve o:
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome Nipper!
I did fully clean and let dry the threads and screw holes. Put a minimal amount of blue Loctite on the screws and let it dry completely before I re-assembled. Hopefully this takes care of the issue. Thanks again!!!

Have I been applying blue loctite wrong?
I've always just applied a little, and tightened the part up while wet.

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, you are doing it right! You should screw the screw/bolts when the Loctite is wet (immediately after you apply it). The "letting it dry" was after I cleaned the allen screws and threads.

posted Hide Post
I believe the generic category for Loctite and similar products is "anaerobic sealant".

They are single component, solvent-free adhesives that cure in the absence of air and in the presence of metal ions.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It doesn't hurt to put a drop or two of loctite under the sight in the sight channel, too, when inserting the site.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
What? you don't own a set of Allen wrenches?

You should remedy that situation post haste.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post