SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG 1911 Hard Use/High Volume Guns?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 1911 Hard Use/High Volume Guns? Login/Join 
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted
If you have a SIG 1911 that's seen hard use and lots of rounds down range, show em and talk about em.

Thanks

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
That's a good question, I'd like to see some real world reviews on the 1911 Fastback Emperor Scorpion Carry. I'm not a huge 1911 fan, but have been interested in that one for a time. The FDE finish on my M11A1 isn't the toughest, it's showing wear on some corners, and since it appears to be the same finish on the Fastback Carry, I'd like to know how durable it is on their 1911.

Well, that and how well that looooong extractor holds up....

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
My friend's early GSR has at least 15,000 rounds through it by now, a bunch by me.

Its the only higher round count one I have first hand experience with.

No pics handy.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My TacOps .45 full-size has about 5,000 on it. The slide to frame fit is worn in and glides like they’re on ball bearings, and the trigger is actually comparable to my Novak-tuned 1911. I know 5,000 isn’t much compared to some, but for all the 1911 reliability horror stories you hear, mine has been dead nuts reliable since I bought it.

Posts: 630 | Registered: September 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
My friend's early GSR has at least 15,000 rounds through it by now, a bunch by me.

No pics handy.

Any parts need replacing (besides the recoil spring) yet?

Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummerguy73:
My TacOps .45 full-size has about 5,000 on it. The slide to frame fit is worn in and glides like they’re on ball bearings, and the trigger is actually comparable to my Novak-tuned 1911. I know 5,000 isn’t much compared to some, but for all the 1911 reliability horror stories you hear, mine has been dead nuts reliable since I bought it.

I have the compact nickel nitron. Only a few hundred rounds so far but very reliable and accurate

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Tim Herron put 60k~ through his Sig Max before switching to a custom gun. At least that’s the number I remember.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
My SS Sig 1911 has around 10K rounds thru it. It's my primary IDPA gun and get beat upon pretty good. I don't have any good pictures of it, but it wears plenty of scratches and holster wear. New springs and nothing else.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

No pics handy.

Any parts need replacing (besides the recoil spring) yet?

Nothing else but a new sear, it had started to do the unintentional-doubles thing, but I don't think that was due to the round count necessarily. That and a basic trigger job is all that has been done to the insides.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I have an early GSR with the "manhole cover" that I had to replace the extractor that broke at an estimated 18,000 rounds. That was a few years ago and it's still running.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
My manhole cover GSR hasn't got as much mileage on it as those mentioned above but it certainly works.
I stopped after 1200 rds because I'm lazy and kept forgetting it. That was a lot of years and a shitload of ammo ago.

A Colt snob gunsmith told me "buy another external extractor, you'll need it" when he did the trigger job.
It's still in the EGW plastic bag...

EDIT: Sorry, my bad. That second sentence should have read, I stopped keeping a log book after 1200 rds

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KMitch200,

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post