SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43x/48 and shield arms 15 rd mags and the FBI
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43x/48 and shield arms 15 rd mags and the FBI Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
Yesterday I was at a local shop that is owned by one of our guys who is on a Marshal task force. I was purchasing my third shield arms 15 round mag and another mag catch when one of the guys said he has read that the FBI is testing the set up of the 43x/48 with the shield mags.

I was wondering if anyone else has heard anything in regard to this?

Posts: 3445 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I have posted in that thread. The question is, has anyone heard anything about the FBI testing them?

Posts: 3445 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. What is even more interesting is that a LGS actually has these in stock!

Posts: 482 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Anything that is being done is being done at the FTU at Quantico. The feeb is sorta like the big army. Nothing is done in the field. Nothing happens quickly. If an agent has to have a sight replaced on their pistol, the gun get shipped back to Quantico for repair.

It’s possible, but based upon how they operate, I doubt it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
What little I know of the FBI I was doubtful when I heard the talk about it.

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Anything that is being done is being done at the FTU at Quantico. The feeb is sorta like the big army. Nothing is done in the field. Nothing happens quickly. If an agent has to have a sight replaced on their pistol, the gun get shipped back to Quantico for repair.

It’s possible, but based upon how they operate, I doubt it.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
What little I know of the FBI I was doubtful when I heard the talk about it.

quote:
Yesterday I was at a local shop.... one of the guys said....

It's a gun shop after all - the bullshit rolls heavily...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know. I take it with a grain of salt but thought I would ask here if anyone has heard anything.

posted Hide Post
Does the FBI even issue or allow agents to carry anything other than the 17M/19M?

Probably gun store guy trying to get people to buy mags.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot with an agent who carries a G26 if that helps.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
can you send me info of that shop I would like to buy some.

Posts: 5582 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Lawman Tactical

I bought the last one in stock.

I was told by a local SA that the 43X is approved by the FBI.

Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lawman Tactical

I bought the last one in stock.

I was told by a local SA that the 43X is approved by the FBI.

thanks

Posts: 5582 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Highly doubt there is any official testing of such a new product. Especially since the 17M and 19M are the standard issue for agents. Sure it is possible some agent bought a few mags to try out but I'm also sure you could say the same thing about any gun.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Very true, Fundman. I just wondered if anyone knew anything about them officially testing the mags. Of course, I guess its pretty early.