SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 X-five
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 X-five Login/Join 
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted
So it appears that Sig is Discontinuing this pistol this year.

I am talking about the weighted edition with the slide cut outs, mag funnel and 4 extended 21 round magazines.

Do you like it? How does the trigger compare to a standard 320? any experiences would be helpful!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
I just picked one up yesterday and glad I did, though I haven’t shot it yet. The trigger is lighter than a regular 320, and straight too. My trigger is 5.5lbs but feels less and I really like the short reset. I’m going to try it in stock form for a while and see how it goes—-if I want to lower the pull I’ll check GGI. Im really looking forward to shooting it in competitions this year. I’ll try to get out and shoot it next weekend and report back.
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1640 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
It's being replaced by an updated model. Sig is NOT killing them off.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:
It's being replaced by an updated model. Sig is NOT killing them off.

Dead Man Mike - Have they identified yet what will be replacing the P320X5 with (different model number or name?) Thanks Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The X5 isn’t really getting many changes. The changes are minor. Unless what I was told last month changes, it will still have the pre-tensioned barrel. The X Carry is going away.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jerry for this info Sir....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rented one a few weeks ago and like it very much so I pick one up, I came across a great deal posted by a member of this board and got a second one due how much I like it and I'm glad I did. I actually like it because it's like a tank and in my case it's a good thing as I was looking for something with low recoil due to a wrist injury. I really like the stock trigger as I don't intend to compete and don't want a light trigger due to may be use as a self defense tool at some point, in my opinion is a superb package as basically I set up my other guns like this. It does feel great in my hand and I was able to shoot it quite well to my delight, if you grip it correctly stays very flat. A 320 Vtac might be in my future Smile

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The X Carry is going away.

From what I have heard the X Carry will continue to be offered but will be called the P320 Pro Series Carry. It will not have the slide cuts and will feature a different optic cut and a rear sight that will co-witness with the red dot.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rlbuzz:
quote:
The X Carry is going away.

From what I have heard the X Carry will continue to be offered but will be called the P320 Pro Series Carry. It will not have the slide cuts and will feature a different optic cut and a rear sight that will co-witness with the red dot.

No. The X Carry is being replaced by the Pro series. It has little in common with the X Carry. The only thing the Pro will have in common with the X Carry is the barrel length, the X carry grip, and flat trigger.

The X Carry had slide cuts, pre-tensioned barrel, and a much different optic cut.

While they look similar, the X Carry is dead.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The X5 isn’t really getting many changes. The changes are minor. Unless what I was told last month changes, it will still have the pre-tensioned barrel. The X Carry is going away.

thanks... I was under impression that the x-5 was being discontinued along with the tensioned barrel. I'm glad that isnt the case. I will have to check with my FFL and make sure the price he gave me was for an x-5 and not an x carry!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for public stupidity
posted Hide Post
Killing off the 320 X Five would make non sense at all. It is the flagship for SIG in the Competition area for IDPA and IPSC Optic Divisions.

Take Care

Bob

Posts: 33 | Location: Terrace, B.C. Canada | Registered: April 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up one during the recent rash of X5 sales. I already had a P320 full size, with the X5 grip module. I can’t say say that there is a significant difference for me. I don’t compete. I have all three slide P320 slide lengths and a bunch of grip modules for each.

If I had it to do over, I would have would just get the X5. Great grip, four mags, nicer sights and barrel.

The Dawson sights are a nice plus.

Lead the Way!

Posts: 16 | Location: Virginia  | Registered: December 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 40 | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put 300 rounds through my friends x-5 and I loved it!!!

posted Hide Post
I just mine for its first range trip and put 200 rds through and just reaffirmed what I already knew, l really like it.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajp3jeh
posted Hide Post
I'm carrying mine as a duty gun and love it.

AKA John E. Hearne

"Shoot deliberately" - Wyatt Earp
"Tache/psyche effect - a polite way of saying 'you suck.'" - GG
"The 8th Marines dominate an environment. You, with your pistol, merely exist." - GG
http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting excellence and realisim in combative shooting.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Northern Mississippi | Registered: November 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kchorro
posted Hide Post
I love my X-Carry and X-Five. I really love these 2! I EDC the X-Carry and I compete on weekends with the X-Five. Very precise weapons.
Looking at the pictures above of the updated coming models; I like more mine current one!
Looking forward to the new update Romeo1T.

P220R Carry Dark Elite
P230 X-Five
P230 X-Carry
M77 commemorative S/N 8xx
Other several more in between...Wink
Guns enthusiast all my life. In GOD I Trust.. A real SIG fanatics. Weekend shooter.
NRA & TSRA Life member & DU member and supporter.
A Texan by Choice..no by error.

Posts: 308 | Location: North Dallas area | Registered: September 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking maybe the 320 Pro Series is to compete with the Walther Q5 Match, the new steel frame model (or vice versa)!

Posts: 83 | Location: Montgomery county, PA | Registered: May 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post