SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Holster question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster question Login/Join 
Picture of pops572
posted
I think I know the answer to this but wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. Will a holster for a 225-a1 fit a non rail 229? I think it will.

------------------------------------------
I'm sorry could you repeat that, I'm not fluent in STUPID!

Posts: 1149 | Location: ,TN USA | Registered: November 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It might, depending on the cut. FWIW, though, SIG's website lists the barrel length for at 3.6" for the (current?) 225A1s and at 3.9" for the 229.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Fit and fit correctly are two different things. Holsters aren't socks. I've tried to fit pistols into holsters that were not intended for the pistol. It "fit" ok but didn't retain well at all. The poor fit might also cause finish wear.

Leather is more forgiving that Kydex but "fit correctly" still applies.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This one does. Not all will. I imagine over time switching between the two it will no longer fit well for the 225A-1. Currently my M11-A1 is super tight (almost too much), the 225A-1 is a much easier draw. Best thing to do is see if both are listed on manufactures website or call them.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They will not fit correctly 80% of the time. I do have one Bianchi holster that fits all of my Sigs. I believe it is a black widow model, with a thumb strap. My p226 is tight, while the p225a1 is not perfect, but safe for carry.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post