SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Couple War Trophies
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Couple War Trophies Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
Both bring backs. The Nambu is matching down to the magazine. Luger all matching except for the mag but did have its holster, tool and spare magazine.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Wow, very nice. They look to be in great shape.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude, so not cool to incite jealousy like that.

Awesome pistols!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
fantastic set of history

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very fine Luger! That's about as nice as you find them these days!

I have a late 1937 s42 Luger (all blued, no strawing) that's comparable in condition. Didn't get two mags or a holster with mine.

I was fortunate get the one of the two original magazines though. The spare that's marked with a '+' symbol in addition to the pistol's s/n & suffix letter.

Also acquired another "WW2 bring back" Luger (1918 DWM" 8" arty w/ holster) from the father of a girl in my HS class.

Pretty sure my Type 38 Arisaka is a Pacific capture/bring back -- the mum is not ground and there's a small chunk of shrapnel embedded in the stock.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
They are both beautiful, but that Nambu is GORGEOUS.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking pistols.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Man o' man am I envious. Very gorgeous pistols!

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
They are both beautiful, but that Nambu is GORGEOUS.

You get to see them in action in the Amazon streaming series Man In The High Castle, used by the Kempeitai in the Pacific States of America.

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A word about Nambu's and Luger's. I have a couple of later WW2 large trigger guard Nambu's. However, I choose to acquire a great many more P08's; but have have handled/inspected quite a few other Nambu's (& P08's).

There is no comparison between the fit and finish on a Luger and a Nambu. Break both down and look at the internal workmanship. I have often seen file marks on Nambu internals.

Lugers come in a myriad of collectable variations. Nambu's basically only five -- 1902 Type A (Grandpa), 1902 Mod. (Papa), Type B (Baby) and the WW2 Type 14 (lg.& sm. trigger guard). If you acquire a Type 14 with the tip broken from the firing pin -- it is (most likely) a post war "PX pistol" and never saw combat

8x22 mm Nambu is a 'forgotten', low powered, difficult to obtain cartridge. I can reload it. 9x19mm Luger is probably the worlds most popular pistol cartridge. 7.65x21mm Luger is available, but most dealers don't stock it.

I'm not knocking the Nambu as a WW2 collectable/wallhanger! However, Nambu's are completely inferior to the Luger as a handgun! My Nambu's are "jam-o-matics". Maybe, it's my reloads. However, my "shooter grade" Luger eats my 9mm reloads just fine.

There is one great thing about Nambu's -- at least they're not Jap Type 94's!

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pistols and great pictures. Thank you for sharing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sweet - any backstory behind either of them?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post