SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Price drop for 92 FS?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price drop for 92 FS? Login/Join 
posted
Since Beretta lost the 92 FS contract which is huge for them, 1 of the managers at my LGS told me that they would be a price drop for used and probably knew 92 FS pistols. He believes that the military adopting the SIG 320 will gravitate current and new buyers to that pistol.

Anyone have any views on this issue?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 92 is priced pretty reasonably already. With as many years as it's been around, I doubt the civilian demand is going to change very much.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see the M9A3s price come down out of the stratosphere. Just make a plain black one for around $550 and I'd be happy.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yes the M9A3 in black would be nice.

It would also like to see the 92A1 come down a little. But lately I have really come to like the 92 series a lot, I don't think they are too overpriced as a general rule

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I have plenty of carry choices (and have never carried my 92G), I still find my top favorite indoor (or outside) range gun is my 92G Brig Tac (Wilson).

Even my bedside gun is a Glock...but there is something special about the 92 at the range. Too big for me to carry...

Posts: 558 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I just wish they'd make at least one variant with the old-style frame-mounted safety (that didn't cost 2 grand).

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
I would tend to agree...for example my local gun store had a 92a1 that a person traded in for a new Sig 320. It was like new and priced right so I bought it first sight. There's a second 92a1 for sale right around the corner at another store also for a good price.

There's always a contingency of people who want the latest military gear and weapons so I see people trading out of Beretta's for Sigs.

SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1640 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a number of Italian police trade ins on the market right now for 350 or less. I looked Wednesday, many are very clean.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
There are a number of Italian police trade ins on the market right now for 350 or less. I looked Wednesday, many are very clean.

Where did you find them?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted Hide Post
I got mine, a 92S, from AIM. Paid $299 plus $10 hand select best of five. Came in excellent condition, could pass for unfired although there are minor scratches on the grip panels. It does have the magazine release on the lower frame, but since it's mostly a range toy I don't care.

I initially was concerned that the frame and barrel serials didn't match, but then noticed the reason was that the replacement barrel was chrome lined. The original 92S barrels were not.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
A brand new 92FS can be had for within $100 of a Glock. They still have an M9 contract and will for several years to come. Even then, there's little chance of the lack of the M17 award will affect commercial 92 pricing.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
currently dealer cost on a 92/m9 is 500 while the m9a3 is 850.00

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Highly doubtful that the 92/M9 will drop in price anytime soon. We sell far more 92s than any and all of those dead weight PX4s. For us 92s sell markedly better than classic SIGs, despite any griping about their grip dimensions.

Any excess factory capacity that comes into being as the M9 contracts wind down will likely go towards other projects like the APX or A300 shotguns. But Beretta really NEEDS to fix the problems with the M9A3 line. Two 'FS' (safety) variants in, both saddled with the infamous Tennessee plant finish problems. Disgusting for a $1k firearm. Frown

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
J&G Sales has the 92S for $279.
http://www.jgsales.com/beretta...,-used.-p-93312.html

Thanks for sharing this deal Fundman!!! Smile

posted Hide Post
If you like the 92S, I would also consider trying to locate a Berben import. For a bit more $ they are in much better shape. I recently found one for $400 with box, manual and tools. Just takes a bit of patience.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post