SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a PMR-30 Today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a PMR-30 Today Login/Join 
Picture of Shaql
posted
Was at lunch with a buddy and he convinced me to go to a LGS to look at a PMR30 (OD Green) they had on display for $399. I've been wanting one for some time.

Bought it and a brick of rounds and the LGS gave me some free range time to try it out.

Impressions:
1) Loud
2) Lots of flash
3) Some hot burnt powder to the hands and some to the face though my buddy said he didn't feel any.
4) Loud!
5) Accurate - This is relative since it was my first time shooting it but I like the groupings in both single and rapid fire. This was at close range (8yards/25ft)
6) Loud!
7) Shot 100 rounds with no feed issues

It was really fun to shoot, I'm happy with the purchase and cant wait to get it out to the farm.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
At $399 that's not a bad deal. Every one I've seen locally was $700-900. No thanks at that price.

Now you should find a CMR-30 to have a magazine sharing carbine to go with it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
You paid a good price. Makes a great pack pistol, lotsa fun- enjoy!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You didn't say anything about the noise level… Just kiddin'! You said it twice! Smile

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:

Damn you! Wink Actually, I had been thinking about doing something along those lines... but not the CMR-30. I will look into it. Smile

quote:
You didn't say anything about the noise level… Just kiddin'! You said it twice! Smile

What? What'd ya say? Wink

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:

Damn you! Wink Actually, I had been thinking about doing something along those lines... but not the CMR-30. I will look into it. Smile

Big Grin I handled one when it was still the RMR-30 (pre-release) at the Houston NRA convention, and wanted to just stick it in my bag & walk.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new PMR-30! It was a reasonable price too.

quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

I liked my PMR-30 (see my recent PMR-30 thread) so much I did exactly that last month. I liked the design and feel of the CMR-30 a lot. Be careful when shopping for one though. I've seen at least one advertised at a slightly lower price than their average price of the low to mid $500s but it stated it only came with one magazine. Mine came with two. I would verify how many mags you are going to get with your rifle. They should all come with two and likely do from Kel-Tec unless a seller is pulling the extra mag out of the boxes and selling them with one.

I haven't shot the CMR yet but have high expectations. Maybe this weekend. One thing I decided to get for it though was a Magpul XTM Hand Stop Kit for the lower rail. It should go well with the charging handles as far as asthetics and provide a better grip than the bare rail.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Jealous. Don't think I've seen a CMR in person since the Houston NRA convention.
Odds are, if I did, it'd still be overpriced.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the world of Kel-Tecs and ignore the haters here, they DO make some interesting guns!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
What cleaner do you guys use for keltec? The manual says to use a polymer-safe solvents...

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I use Mil-Comm products on everything I own and have never had a problem with any material on any gun whether it be metal, wood, or polymer.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Welcome to the world of Kel-Tecs and ignore the haters here, they DO make some interesting guns!

I saw the second PMR 30 the other day at a gun shop, a FDE version, no price tag on it.

I didn't ask ghe price, because the second one didn't fit my hand any better than the first one I saw.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took forever for them to get to teh dealers. Original advertised pricing was sub $300 but I never saw one at that poing. My dealer was back ordered from multiple distributors for years.

Initial real pricing wa high but has settled in teh upper $400's here in North Texas. SOunds like you got a great deal on a LOUD pistol. I smile when I get the attention of those around me at the range. LOUD bark from a small package

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LIFE IS SHORT - Just buy the gun...
Life Member - Texas State Rifle Association
Benefactor Life Member - NRA

Posts: 185 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: April 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
399 is a good deal on PMR30 congrats on the purchase. hope the cmr30 treats you as well when you get one Wink

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post