SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Strayed to the dark side... M&P EZ
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Strayed to the dark side... M&P EZ Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Took my wife to pick out a pistol that could be hers. She tried the Glock 42 and liked it, which made me very happy as a Glock fanboy. Then she handled the M&P EZ, which I had been looking into as a good choice for her. She liked it, its a perfect size since she wont be carrying it, enough for a full grip but not too heavy. She can rack the slide and load the mags on her own. I played with it a little, its a nice shooter.

This is a great pistol for newbs or those kind of afraid of guns. Very light recoil. Some may poo-poo the only 8 rounds of .380 but it beats her having nothing, and she just cant handle my Glock 34 or 41 that I keep around the house.

My first Smith & Wesson product, and I have never been a fan of the M&P line at all but this is a sweet little shooter.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Hey, if it works it works. S&W is a reliable company and while not my choice either, plenty swear by them. So I'd say good choice for the wife!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wife has three guns now. The last one i bought her a M&P EZ. She can pull back the slide, pull the trigger and let the trigger reset , see the sights and last hit the target. At the old age of 77 she says "i well shoot this gun at the range so i don't have to get my Sig P238 rainbow dirty".

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Mine just got am LC380. She loves it and carries it everywhere. I’m looking at getting her a 380 EZ for range time. The easy loading and light recoil, with a longer slide and grip should make her a pretty nice range gun.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been looking at the 380 EZ too. While I never had a problem with running semi-pistols, rifles, etc., 9 months ago I had bypass heart surgery and after spending about a month in the hospital, I was pretty incapacitated for a few months ... better now, but we never know when this type of pistol may be a necessity if health issues arise. Remember to watch out for the signals of heart issues ... it happens in minutes ! ! !

Posts: 38 | Location: South-Central Pennsylvania | Registered: May 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice to have something manageable for those days you just aren’t feeling it. My joints often swell, the EZ is good for those days. Better than just the walking stick.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Some may poo-poo the only 8 rounds of .380

it still makes 9mm sized holes in bad guys...

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LRS2
posted Hide Post
Same here. My wife couldn't manage my 226s or HKs due to severe carpal tunnel issues. She absolutely loves the 380EZ. It's about instilling the confidence in her that if I'm away, she can still manage to operate a weapon if the need arises.

Posts: 43 | Location: KY | Registered: April 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post