SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New to me Sig P232
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me Sig P232 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
PGT, where did the wood stocks come from? I like those.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colby Bruce:

I'm not PGT, but I believe those wood grips with the SIG logo were a special-run item from SIG. I'm not sure who made them.

Hogue makes wood grips for the P230/232, but they don't have the logo.

https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/sigsauer/p230/wood

Marschal makes some logo grips, but they're not the same as those:

http://www.marschalgrips.com/p230bt/p230bt.html

Nill makes some very nice wood grips, buy they're not cheap (and no logo):

http://us.nill-shop.com/Replac...cl.-fastening-screws

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
the left are from Grips4u.net and the right are SIG/Nill-Griffe

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Wendy has a Sig P-230 stainless as her carry gun. She even took it to FrontSite for a course. Great shooting weapon that she likes a whole lot. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I just wish that they had a "US Style" magazine release rather than the heel release.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the mag release button were behind the trigger guard, the de-cocking lever would not function as it is. Personally, I'm happy with the heel mag release. It's almost impossible to dump the mag accidentally.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one of the last (all black) 232 made.
Great hand feel. The small 9mm pistols caused
low sales so were discontinued.
I don't pack mine but keep it as a desk gun loaded with Lehigh Xtreme Defense ammo. Maybe the best of the 380 ammo.
Reviews have indicated a desirable round.

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
You guys are really lucky for owning Stainless 232s. I just have a blued P232.

I was in the process of a divorce and had to sell my Stainless P230 to my brother nearly 10 years ag. He won't sell it back to me.

My 232 with wood grips. I should have picked a lighter colored wood.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An elegant and reliable little pistol.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P230 in the same red box, great little pistol.

Posts: 113 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
quote:
Originally posted by Colby Bruce:

I'm not PGT, but I believe those wood grips with the SIG logo were a special-run item from SIG. I'm not sure who made them.

The wood grips with Sig logo were a special run for Sig made by Karl Nills. Nills grips are truly beautiful and worth the money.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most beautiful handgun I have owned. More importantly, point-aims better than anything I have ever held. I feel well armed with it, despite the modest ballistics, simply because it is an extension of my hand. Look at target, on target.

Posts: 12 | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one of each, P232 blue and stainless. Agree they are very easy to point/shoot and are very very accurate.

Posts: 75 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is some beautiful figure on those.

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post