SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New to me Sig P232
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me Sig P232 Login/Join 
posted
i tried to not like the P230/232 series but they are neat guns.

I gave my P230 to my son a few months ago.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I think they're about the most beautiful firearm out there. The graceful lines demonstrate understated elegance to me.

I wish my hand was a little smaller so I could shoot mine more -- I have to be very careful about slide bite. Frown

Enjoy your new beauty!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^I know the feeling. My wife had one years ago and really liked it until she found something else I had. Whenever I grabbed the pistol, the webbing of my hand would go above the frame and caused some bad cuts. I really liked that pistol but my big mitts won't oblige.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGINT-228
posted Hide Post
I have always preferred the P230 to the P232. I own both in stainless and while the P232 seems sturdier and modern, to me it lacks the elegance of the P230.

------------------------------------------------------------
“Come on you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?” Sergeant Major Dan Daly (USMC)

Posts: 1097 | Registered: August 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
^^^I know the feeling. My wife had one years ago and really liked it until she found something else I had. Whenever I grabbed the pistol, the webbing of my hand would go above the frame and caused some bad cuts. I really liked that pistol but my big mitts won't oblige.

I hear this all the time. I only remember once getting bitten and I have BIG hands. No longer have one, think I have to ask mom to take hers to the range, I miss mine.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGINT-228:
I have always preferred the P230 to the P232. I own both in stainless and while the P232 seems sturdier and modern, to me it lacks the elegance of the P230.

^^^
My opinion also. Both great pistols, but the P230 I like the best.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is slightly thinner than, but the same height and width as my two Sig P250sc pistols.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Beauty! I enjoy mine.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicely done.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I keep searching for a 230 in 7.65 that I can afford.

Posts: 104 | Registered: February 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4506:
Very nice. I keep searching for a 230 in 7.65 that I can afford.

I'm keeping my eyes open for one of these, too. I figure it would be a nice addition to go with my Walther PPK/S.

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
The one gun I'll never sell. Love my P232.

Super accurate. Sexy gun, with great lines. Feels perfect in my hands, especially with hogue grips.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I like both mine. Smile

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congrats on the 232....I like the little 232 after I had the chance to shoot it and a PPKS the same day... The Sig does not bite your hand like the Walther does. The walther caught the webbing of my thumb and pointer finger and cut it open... The Sig had much better protection from this and a better feel in the hand.

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have both, 232 and 230. Above all the "feel" of the pistol is great and safety decock rather than thumb activated safety lever. Never decocked by pulling the trigger and lowering the hammer with the thumb according to SIG. A true safety measure.

Jim

Posts: 55 | Location: Houston | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish magazines were available.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I like em too

Posts: 3081 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
The wood with the stainless sure is beautiful.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:

Several available on ebay, but think $$$$$

New about 100, used 50-75

Jim

Posts: 55 | Location: Houston | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WB5MHA:
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:

Several available on ebay, but think $$$$$

New about 100, used 50-75

That's the problem

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post