SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    ☆ After being out of production for ages, Hogue is making aluminum grips for the European P220 ☆
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

☆ After being out of production for ages, Hogue is making aluminum grips for the European P220 ☆ Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted
...and I bought two sets (so far).

Okay, so I get it that not everybody here is delighted with the European mag release on the older P220s. G10s are all modern and cool and the thing to have. Wood grips have always been available from most anyone. Somehow these weren't for me.

A long time ago when I had only one P220, I came across some of these grips and they felt like they were made for each other. Later when I happened upon another P220, I was on the hunt for more grips. Now I have checkered aluminum grips on my P220s, P226, P229, P238HD, and Desert Eagles among others. They haven't been made for the Euro P220 in ages and became hard to find. Even posted a WTB ad in the classifieds at a ridiculous amount and got no takers.

If you are in need of replacing the plastic grips on your vintage P220, or the lanyard loop has escaped long ago and you don't want to tighten the screw to where it would crack the grips, These are the ones to have. They have a part number 21170.

Thanks to all at Hogue for making these available again.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Do they have the checkering that goes all the way to the top of the panel?

I have Sig-branded aluminum for my 226 and 220-C, I like the higher checkering on these grips.

I've been waiting to get a set of G10 next time I got in the mood to shoot the 220-9 Euro that I've got.

My old favorite was the Sile wood set I had on one in college. Stupidly sold it, got another one a few years back, it still has the stock plastic grips.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
VERY nice! Smile

I wish Hogue would make something similar for the S&W 3rd gen 4566 and 4506-1. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
Do they have the checkering that goes all the way to the top of the panel?
...next time I got in the mood to shoot the 220-9 Euro that I've got.

They are the same overall design as the earlier version. On a 9 it will look like this:

Not sure about the mag used in the picture on the Hogue website.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I love Hogue aluminnum grips! Have them on both 220's, but they aren't Euro's.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
I have the G10 version on my Euro mag release P220. I think the aluminum models look better when new, but the g10's look better over time as they get dinged up.

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post