SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 Midnight 6" range report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 Midnight 6" range report Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
I wrote about the P210 Midnight on here last month. All the Photobucket pics are currently down. So, I got to upload pics to Postimage for this report. Got to 2 range sessions so far, 150 rds each.

Ammo- 1st: Fiocchi 124 FMJ (50 rds), Geco 124 FMJ (50), Magtech 124 FMJ (50) // 2nd: Geco 124 FMJ (150 rds)

Distance: 25 yds

Position: Benched (grip butt resting on platform)

Malfunctions: none

Observations: Fantastic trigger. It somehow feels like it's lighter than the 3 lbs 2 oz it registered on the Lyman digital trigger scale. And, anytime you have a trigger that breaks like glass rod, you've got to be so pleased. The Magtech seems to be the worst. The best group (5 rds) was achieved with Geco 124, at 7/8 inches. When I did my part and not rush, the gun was dead on. If not, flyers. I hate flyers that ruin a good grouping. A note on the grips. I know the target grips don't fit several folks' hands well, but, I have no problems with them. Enough with rambling. Here are a few pics.

Factory target:

Q

Posts: 26383 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking pistol and you sure don't have any shortage of magazines Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
excellent shooting/pics & report, thanks q.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The pistol is a sweet heart and I love the picture with its slide locked back. Nice to see the barrel of a P210 exposed.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most impressive. You are an excellent marksman as well. I have followed some of your posts over the years and I continue to appreciate that you don't seem to pussyfoot around so to say. Having a dozen magazines on the bench is a perfect example :-) Do you operate this way across all life or are you just a really big firearms enthusiast and collector?

Posts: 176 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Q is just your typical Orangatang with a bunch of nice firearms.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pistol and report. Waiting patiently for a carry / compact model P210.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Beautiful P210. Thanks for sharing Q. Pickle Rick.

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
12131, Do you ever see any 9mm ammo in your area which is loaded for Match shooting ? There must be such ammo and it would be interesting to see how it would perform in your P210s.

posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol. Seems like Santa brings you all of the best toys! Big Grin

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great shooting at 25 yards Q. Nice grouping...

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Looks nice. I'm interested in a P210, but I would need to put optics on it. Is there a model set up for optics?

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Shiloh range?

That midnight is sexy!

I too like the target grips on these P210.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post