SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you practice with your actual carry pistol or a spare?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you practice with your actual carry pistol or a spare? Login/Join 
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I shoot my carry guns and ant HD guns I have.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever pistol I'm carrying at the time is what I practice with.
I had a very bad habit of buying pistols on impulse and then they sat in the safe. I only carried a few of them.
Right now, I have a Glock 19X and a Kahr K9 Elite for carry. That's it. I have other pistols but they are collectors.
The 19X has ~1500 rounds through it so far and that's what I'm carrying now so that's what I practice with.
Warms up and it time for light outerwear or tee shirt and I'll start practicing with the Kahr.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a full size P320 as my training pistol. Besides being full size, I have a compact with low round count that is a carry pistol. With the range gun, I can run it hard, clean when convenient, and replace a broken spring whenever I feel like it. The carry pistol is always clean, shot only occasionally, and a broken spring from high use would be extremely unlikely.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I practice with my actual carry gun. While I have another of the same model I want to make sure my carry works. I figure if I get to the point where I wear it out, which would be pretty crazy for the amount I shoot it, (maybe 2-300 rds per month) I will switch or buy a new one.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I answered “No”. I carry the gun I shoot and I shoot the guns I carry.

I have a lot of guns (according to some folks, “not enough” according to some, and “a few” according to others...)

Different makes (Sig, HK, Ruger, Springfield Armory), different models (P320, P365, P938, P220/6/9-DA/SA and SAO, 1911, VP9, P30LS, P30SK, SP101, EMP)

I shoot them all, some more frequently than others. Some I will never carry, but I do carry different ones at different times. Currently my most common carry is the P365 in my front pocket. If I am carrying off-body in my man-bag, it is likely the P30SK. If I am going to a more “questionable” area and will be able to keep a cover garment on, then I will “gun up” and most likely have my P320 X-Carry.

I’ve never subscribed to the “single platform” theory. I’ve never had a problem working the gun I’m am working. I know that I have a safety if I am shooting a 1911 pattern (1911, P938, EMP), my P30LS, or one of the P22X SAOs. If I am carrying a DA/SA or striker, I just pull the trigger.

There is something to “muscle memory” and it along with familiarity makes it simple (for me at least) to adjust to what I am holding. Eyes closed I can tell by simple “feel” in the hand which one of my guns I am holding and am able to subconsciously adjust to it’s manual of arms.

There is only one gun I have a “duplicate” of, two P365’s (well, technically I have two SP101 in 9mm as well, but one is mine and one is my wife’s). I have a total of five P320’s but in different caliber and size configurations. I am “comfortable” with any of my guns.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post