New
Find
Notify
Tools

m9a3 OR 226 Login/Join 
Fear No Beer
Picture of K9346
posted
Hello gents, my quick question is can the M9a3 be converted easily to DA/SA with decocker only? The only reason I've tried to stay away from Berrettas at all is the slide mounted safety, but if it's avalable in a decocker only I would be very interested.

That's why I prefer Sig's 226 or other varients in DA/SA. If the new Berretta is available that way, I would be all over it.

Thanks for any info, and if you want feel free to post any pics of the M9a3. I find this version sexy as hell

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Posts: 2179 | Location: Back in Ok, finally | Registered: September 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
M9A3: look for one with the 'G' configuration and you'll have decock-only, no decocking thumb safety.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a M9A3. G model, which is de-cock only.
Only about 200 rounds through so far but a nice gun. No issues. Long double action but very smooth all the way through, no stacking. I really like that vertec grip, but if don't, a wrap around grip comes with it to change it to a normal M9 feel.

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I like carbon slide 226's and my M9A3 Big Grin

Posts: 3082 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
that's a nice set PGT, I did the conversion on mine and after about 30 mins. of sighs and frustration it went in. it's the little spring that gave me problems but for $50 a great deal. I prefer decockers to safety levers so it was a nice change.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never understood this. The Beretta Cougars convert to "G" configuration with a simple part removal. No muss, no fuss. I get that the 92 design predates the Cougar but going forward why not change the 92 over to the Cougar design?

I haven't converted any 92's to G yet but for 55 bucks its a no brainer.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's one or the other, I'd get a P226 before a 92...but yes, either get a "G" or you can buy the G conversion.

I always carried my M9s on "fire" outside the wire (sshhhh don't tell anyone else in the Army I did that).

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post