SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320’s - how are they holding up?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320’s - how are they holding up? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Just curious, I was wondering if anyone has any observations on their P320’s now they’ve been out for a bit. How are they working out over time?

Who has high round counts? Any lessons learned? Any hard use / torture test stories?

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have 3. One has probably 5-6000 rounds through it, the second has about 4000, and the newest only a couple hundred. I have yet to experience an issue with any of them that I can't trace back to the ammo (my own reloads). I've been very happy with the platform.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How are the L/E 320 holding up ? I never see them back here in the East where I live , mostly Glock , SW M/P.

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got mine in January 2015, never sent back for "upgrade", P320C 9mm, P320FS .40. I'd guess around 3,000 rounds.

Not a high round count, but have tested with carry ammo, ball and my usual mid-range reloads.

ZERO problems.

Had minor break-n issues with the .40. After about 100 rounds they went away.

BTW, I have steadfastedly resisted throwing the pistols on the concrete range floor at a negative 17 degree angle. .

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I have a SC in 9mm that I have had for two years now. 655 rounds without an issue. It's one of the most reliable weapons I own, but one of the least favorite to carry.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
I have two X Carrys and one LE 320 Carry bought in early 2015. Went back for the upgrade, and I still use occasionally at the range.

That one has close to 10k through it, no issues.

My two X Carrys have well over 6k through them without a single issue.

I have started using my X Carrys again as my duty weapons. While I do enjoy the G45, I don't have to work quite as hard to score hits as the same pace with the XC's

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seven, including a subcompact and full size. One of the compacts that sits in an x-frame has been having some issues, but I'm not convinced that it's anything but a mag, yet. We shall see. It's at Trijicon getting some warranty work done right now.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This appears to be on-topic. 12K rounds in each tested pistol, without a single stoppage sounds pretty good.

http://soldiersystems.net/2019...reliability-testing/

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
How are the L/E 320 holding up ? I never see them back here in the East where I live , mostly Glock , SW M/P.

Two of mine are department issued weapons, and the third used to be. I am pretty meticulous about maintaining my guns, but they still get knocked around quite a bit in the holster every day, and they have been utterly reliable. Even the finish holds up well. A

As a department we haven't seen any issues yet either, and we've had them about two years. We had more issues with our old P229s, and those were really good guns.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I've got two, an old one and a new one.

My un-upgraded 320 is approaching 6000 rounds now.

I recently replaced the extractor/plunger/spring because the extractor got chewed up and lost its edge, which caused all manner of failures to extract. That happened maybe at the 5000 round mark. The gun has been perfect since the swap and it was perfect until whatever happened that screwed up the extractor.

I'm not entirely sure if it was a less-than-perfect part or if intentionally inducing malfunctions during a class is what caused the problem.

My new 320 Vtac is at about 800 now. I had two or three failures to eject with weak 115gr ammo when I first got it, but none since with any ammo.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I got mine in early 2016, a 9mm compact (I soon added the full size "x-change" kit) and I've probably got in excess of 3,000 rounds through it. I've shot it an awful lot ever since I purchased it. I had some initial extraction failures, but a new extractor, spring, and plunger fixed the problem and it's been completely reliable ever since. I use it in both compact and full size configurations regularly. It just chews right through ammo, magazine after magazine. There's the usual barrel smileys that Sigs produce, but the finish has held up very well. No unexpected signs of wear anyplace, and it's not really even showing any holster wear. Really, the only thing abnormal is a scuff on the front of my compact slide where I dropped the disassembled slide from my workbench during a cleaning session (boneheaded move!!!). I've been using slide glide and Lucas gun grease as my lubricants. Keep it clean, and keep it lubed, and a p320 will run until your wallet can't feed it anymore.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of my229
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Compacts and a Full Size. The two Compacts each have 1,500 + and the Full Size 3,000.
No issues yet! However, during a recent training session the trainer was dismissing everything but Glocks....and he had two FTF during the eight hour session...

Triggers are really nice!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We have the right as individuals to give away as much of our own money as we please in charity; but as members of Congress we have no right to appropriate a dollar of the public money."
Davy Crockett

Posts: 1209 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Slugo
posted Hide Post
I own three P320's. Absolutely flawless performance.

Posts: 59 | Registered: June 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post