SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why use a P365XL grip module with a P365 slide?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why use a P365XL grip module with a P365 slide? Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
I recently saw some people online buying the P365xl grip module, swapping the FCU into it and dropping their standard P365 slide onto it. I'm trying to figure out what the purpose of this would be...if you wanted the extra capacity and grip length, why not just carry 12 round mags inserted into the grip of a standard P365? They have a pinky extension that brings them to the same length as the P365xl grip. Also, using the xl grip means your 10 round mags wont work, and the 12 round mags wont work either unless you swap the base plates. Am I missing something?

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Better control, no pinching like that my extension do. More reliable grip from the draw, better ergos overall.

I think this makes more sense than those that feel a longer sight radius is more of an advantage.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Yep. Shoot a course of fire at speed and you’ll hate short grips with pinky extensions. Makes reloads harder and slower.

I carry appendix and can easily conceal a G17 grip despite being a skinny who also doesn’t wear big baggy clothes.

So there is zero penalty to the longer grip of the XL frame and only upside in shootability. I always carry my 365’s with the 15 round mags even.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
After I picked up my XL, I went through failure drills with it using the 12 round flush fit mags.

I had a problem. With a snap cap in the chamber, slide locked back, inserted the mag with another snap cap and released the slide. I was simulating a FTE/ double feed. I had a very difficult and L-O-N-G time stripping the mag because I couldn't grip any part of the base plate well.

There are aftermarket base plates out which may solve the issue. Eventually, I'll have to order some.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just like the others have said --better control and for me faster reload ability.

Posts: 31 | Location: grove city ohio | Registered: August 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love mine......

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
As others have said, a more secure grip and easier mag changes are the reasons why I did it. The P365 isn’t really a pocket pistol for me unless I’m wearing cargo pants/shorts and the XL grip module doesn’t really add much more length to be too noticeable.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post