SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 97?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 97? Login/Join 
Picture of bmo
posted Hide Post
It is a rather large gun, but it is a double stack so that's unavoidable. Mine came with the slim aluminum grips which I didn't like. Got some custom grips made by a guy on one of the CZ forums. Shoots great though. Converted mine to SAO since it's just a range gun

Posts: 2653 | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I had an original and sold to a buddy with ROFR to get it back but he forgot to ask me. So, I have a brand new 97B in the safe now....it also has the aluminum grips vs. walnut on my first one. CZ USA now has some nice grip options for these....I'm going to send this to Mahovsky for Metalife treatment or hard chrome so will order some grey grips (or perhaps some walnut ones too).

I like these guns a lot.....most accurate 45 I own.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaptaboom:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
quote:
Originally posted by kaptaboom:
Big? Yes, but not the gargantuan ogre some web reviews have made it out to be, not bigger than other big pistols and in some ways, widths in particular, it's actually significantly smaller! This thing really IS just a CZ-75 with a bigger hole in one end.

While I would agree that the dimensions are not all that different (with new style grips) the ergonomics are not exactly the same as the CZ-75, hence the "it is huge" feeling that many experience.

Also the weight difference (measured with empty mags);
P220: 1lb 14oz
1911: 2lb 6oz
CZ-97B: 2lb 8oz

Need to add in the weight of 10 (+1) 45 ACP rounds to the CZ-97B
vs.
The typical 7 or 8 (+1) for the 1911 and P220

My experience with 45 grips is that they tend to be squarer, where an individuals finger joints lay around that squarer shape would likely make it feel quite different BUT the fact that a pistol fits this or that person differently doesn't make the pistol any larger or smaller.

But it is in fact a bit larger and heavier and this can be felt.

Holding it in the hand it definitely 'feels' larger and different then the 75C, 75B, P01 or P07 (that I also own).
I would say it 'feels' closer in size, weight and ergonomics to my Coonan .357 Classic rather than any of my (1911 style) 45s.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well facts are facts, I'm not going to argue somebodies arbitrary feelings. The 92, USP and 1911 are in the same size class or larger than the 97 in several areas.

quote:
Always outnumbered, Never out gunned.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now ( hopefully ) my shining sword of justice!

I think the only way to make it better is if it were 10mm!
Since this pic I have added the OEM rubber grips and naturally a CGW hammer and trigger.

quote:

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with you captaboom about the 10mm. That would be my dream CZ97. As a matter of fact, I wrote to CZ-USA not so long ago suggesting this. They replied rather promptly saying the idea has been considered but will not happen. But who knows, companies sometimes say "NEVER" to an idea and then all of a sudden, it does happen.
BTW, those are nice grips! Not sure if the following is valid info but CZ75 panels are supposed to also fit the CZ97. True or false?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
I agree with you captaboom about the 10mm. That would be my dream CZ97. As a matter of fact, I wrote to CZ-USA not so long ago suggesting this. They replied rather promptly saying the idea has been considered but will not happen. But who knows, companies sometimes say "NEVER" to an idea and then all of a sudden, it does happen.
BTW, those are nice grips! Not sure if the following is valid info but CZ75 panels are supposed to also fit the CZ97. True or false?

Honest I don't remember, I ejected those pretty but tactile-free alumathins for OEM CZ rubber grips, they simply feel SO much better in the hand than the hard thin aluminum ones.

quote:

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:

A while back I also sent a message to cz-usa asking if a 97 Carry model might be a possibility in the future, to compete with other mid-size 45s from sig, hk, etc.. Never heard back from them. That would be my dream 97, same basic gun just smaller.

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A more compact 97 would be kinda cool. Maybe in stainless steel could be another option. I'll write CZ and refresh your suggestion along with the SS idea. You know what they say about the squeaky wheel, right?...

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I really have no need for another .45, but the second they make one in 10mm I will buy it.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, feast your eyes. A 10MM "CZ 97". Its a clone, of course, made by EAA. I've heard nothing but good about them.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billy346:
Gentlemen, feast your eyes. A 10MM "CZ 97". Its a clone, of course, made by EAA. I've heard nothing but good about them.

NOT the same thing. The Witness is smaller than a 97. Oddly enough, they still use the same magazines.

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post