SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sights for older p225?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sights for older p225? Login/Join 
posted
Hi Guys,

I have on older p225 with 'KH' code under the barrel which I understand translates to a 1997 build. Siglite sights are long since dead and I'd like to replace them. First preference would be Sig brand sights to keep it "all in the family" but this is not a must.

Can someone recommend sights that they know to fit? I'm not a gunsmith but well able to do minor fitting if necessary.

Thanks.

Posts: 48 | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... 22 years old now. If it was me, I would ship it off to Sig for the SSP update, which will include new night sights.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried mine off-duty for years. Great gun. The night sights were dead and I replaced them with Xray3's. Fun weapon to shoot.

Posts: 50 | Location: Bluffton, SC | Registered: March 29, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
original SIGLights of that era should have been Trijicon and Trijicon offers (at least they used to) to relamp them for about half (or less) the price of new night sights...

The SIG Service Plan is hard to beat especially when they run a sale on it...

new versions of night sights are a good choice as well...

Bill

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SiGagain,

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paularmola:
I carried mine off-duty for years. Great gun. The night sights were dead and I replaced them with Xray3's. Fun weapon to shoot.

I recently did the same. Love the Xrays

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I reached out to Trijicon about 'recharging' the existing sights, the service is not mentioned on their website but sounds interesting.

Plan B would be the Xray3's, although the first few reviews for them complain about the front sight dying after a very short time.

Posts: 48 | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
I see it under the Bright and Tough night sights but cannot get the link to ope about having them "recharged"...perhaps they no longer offer this service

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Last time I tried to have some re-lamped, I just called them and asked.
Here is how it worked:
1. Send them in and they determine if they can be reworked.
2. If they can or cannot be reworked, they contact you and give you your options.

That's the preliminary part.

If they can't be reworked, they'll sell you new replacement sights at a pretty decent discount.

If they can be reworked, they give you a price and you provide them payment and return shipping information.

In my case they were an older style that couldn't be re-lamped so I took them up on the reduced price replacements. Good luck.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post