SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ed Brown at the LGS
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ed Brown at the LGS Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'm still of the opinion that this gun more than likely is a problem gun. The LGS guy is not so stupid that he doesn't know what a Brown 1911 is to price it that cheap, even a used Kobra. J, you should buy it and prove me wrong. Razz

Ed Brown would take care of it, for free, regardless of who owns it, unless it was seriously neglected like dunked in saltwater and not cleaned. The last owner probably just used grease on the slide rails causing it to have a lot of FTE's!!!!!!!! hahahahaha Eek

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the OP tells me where it is and it's stainless and is as described, I will buy it. Black and I'd have to think about it.

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
If the OP tells me where it is and it's stainless and is as described, I will buy it. Black and I'd have to think about it.

After reading these responses, he's "hauling ass" to the LGS!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Hauling ass? Nah, I drove like a normal person. Got it for $1200 out the door. Thankful for living in a free state. No waiting period. Will post pictures tonight...

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
Hauling ass? Nah, I drove like a normal person. Got it for $1200 out the door. Thankful for living in a free state. No waiting period. Will post pictures tonight...

That's a steal. Take it to the range this weekend and give us a report. You will be very pleased.

posted Hide Post
Nice score. Post some pics and give us that range report.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! What a nice acquisition at such a good price. I have admired EB's for years. They are definitely a premium 1911.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Good.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the advice guys. Here it is...I will try to make it to ,y range on Sunday. Meanwhile enjoy the pics.

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a nice gun. It looks pretty darn clean from the pictures. How is the fit on everything? Grip safety, trigger, slide to frame, etc? Judging by the barrel hood it was shot very little.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
You bought that for $1300?

Well done.

Hands down my favorite 1911.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I say good day sir.........that is just rude!!

Worst case scenario you need to tweak the extractor. Unless that is the BEST Chinese fake ever you got one hell of a piece of kit for a steal. Enjoy. Shoot in good health.

I thought my full size Kobra was a good deal.......I was, apparently, very wrong. Frown

Run oil/lube. If you do have any issues like i said it’s probably just a minor extractor bend.

Just to be clear I am not jealous, I am just a little Jealous. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I bought a used Kobra Carry last year, that wasn’t in great shape, for a little more than you’re looking to spend. I sent it into Ed Brown for their service package ($99 including shipping) where they check it out, replace springs, etc. The slide had some holster wear so I asked them to refinish it. Because the finish was an earlier generation than what they currently use, and the slide & frame wouldn’t have matched, they went ahead and refinished the whole gun in their Gen 4 Black. There and back in 2 weeks, fantastic service! Turned out great!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
Thanks for all the advice guys. Here it is...I will try to make it to ,y range on Sunday. Meanwhile enjoy the pics.

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

You did very well. Send it back to EB for a tune up and polish. It will be as good as new for 100 bucks added to your price.

https://www.edbrown.com/product/servicepackage/

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
You bought that for $1300?

Well done.

Hands down my favorite 1911.

Arc.

Apparently $1200 OTD!!

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I'll bet it runs like a top!

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Well, get it to the range. We need you to prove Q wrong. It will be the first time since back in 1986 when he thought he was wrong, but he wasn't!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Very nice score indeed! Where in WI? I will hopefully have one of those someday. Congrats buddy!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Completely jealous!

Zero risk in that transaction.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Looks like it will have to be Tuesday before my range is available to test it and apparent prove Q right or wrong.