SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 365 Problem Poll
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 365 Problem Poll Login/Join 
posted
There was a thread on the 365 a while back in which someone threw out an estimate that 25% of people have had some problem with the little wonder. I doubt very much it is that high, but wonder if this Braintrust might be a place to get a little more than anecdotal data.
I was tempted to limit this to pistols made since x date (? October 2018), but figured there was no perfect date to pick, so all comers. Hope I am posting this correctly.
My own experience has been remarkably good at ~ 800 rounds.
If you report problems, consider describing what it was, its born on date, and the round count when problems occurred.

Question:
Which best describes your experience with the P365?

Choices:
No problems at all.
A few issues (eg FTF, FTE, slow RTB, other) resolved within the first 50 rounds
Problems under 1000 rounds, sent back, was great.
Problems at over 1000 rounds, sent back, was great.
Problems at any round count, sent back, still problems.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Have two currently.

10-, 12-, 15-rounders used.

Ammo: Speer 124 +P GDHP, Rem Golden Saber 124 +P BJHP, Win Ranger T 124 +P JHP, Aguila 124 FMJ, Geco 124 FMJ, Magtech 124 FMJ, Fiocchi 124 FMJ, Fiocchi 124 XTPHP.

BD Mar 29, 2019, 200 rds - no problems
BD Apr 05, 2019, 555 rds - no problems

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Just over the 500 round mark, mine developed chronic and frequent FTE issues. Returned to SIG, replaced the whole top end.

Selling to a buddy with full disclosure to fund an XL model, which fits my hands and intended role better.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Over 1600 rounds fired through my 365 from April '18.

I love this little pistol!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put over 100 rounds down the range today. Have close to 1500+ rounds through it to date. ZERO problems since I purchased it (Sept 2018 birth date)

Posts: 24 | Location: NW Chicago Suburb | Registered: September 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
in which someone threw out an estimate that 25%

In the corporate world, I used to refer to those kind of estimates as a "SWAG BOND."

Swinging wild-ass guess based on no data.

Your poll here will not provide you with good data either.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
[Dup post removed]

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Have 993 rounds through mine, a June, 2018 build, with no problems. Ammo has been a mix of various brands of FMJ, JHPs, and my reloads. Magazines used have been 10, 12, and 15 round capacities with all of them functioning just fine.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no problems so far, oct 18. over 1k under 2k

Posts: 14 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problems at all, at least 800rds thru it. American Eagle, S&B,Blazer, Hornady. June 18 Build.

Posts: 41 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3300 rounds through my June 18 piece
350 rounds through my Apr 18 piece I just bought from orig owner.

No issues to report.

Posts: 24 | Registered: March 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought it a month ago. About 500 rounds (115 FMJ, 147 FMJ various brands, 124+P gold dot and 147 HST) all through 10 round mags. No issues at all.

Posts: 276 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My early 2019 dated P365 has around 600 rounds with no issues. Primarily Speer Lawman 124 and Federal HST 124 +P.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by josp:
Bought it a month ago. About 500 rounds (115 FMJ, 147 FMJ various brands, 124+P gold dot and 147 HST) all through 10 round mags. No issues at all.

Between the 124gr +P Gold Dot and the 147gr HST, which one was the post accurate in your pistol and had the lightest recoil impulse ?

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I've had 2 - one from July 2017 (if not 17, then 18)and it had 600 flawless rounds through it before I traded it to my Brother & SIL for a 220 Legion(he insisted...) and an October of 2018 that I've shot 200 flawless rounds through.

So far I am very pleased with my 365's.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Zero issues with mine. It's between 14-16 months old now. Somewhere between 1500-2500 full metal jacket rounds, (Independence & Blazer Brass) and about 5-700 rounds of Speer Gold Dots. 115 grain, 124 grain, and 124 grain +P's.

I've never stopped to pick up my brass and check for primer strikes.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones ... or, I'm due!

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biggy - the HST seemed a little more controllable, but the +P 124 GD weren’t hard to manage either.
Went with the HST due to a slightly better group

Posts: 276 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zero issue after 500 rounds. Approximately 400 American Eagle 124gr FMJ, 50 Federal HST, 50 Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman +P. Love the P365!

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy!

Other than the four 15 round magazines I purchased for my P365 I’ve had zero problems.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Posts: 22 | Registered: November 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:

Between the 124gr +P Gold Dot and the 147gr HST, which one was the post accurate in your pistol and had the lightest recoil impulse ?

I can't give you a recoil comparison, but my 365 grouped the best with 124gr +P Speer GDs.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post