SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dovetail information
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dovetail information Login/Join 
posted
Hi, Can any one tell me the angle used by Sig for the rear dovetail cut on stainless p226 slides . I have been told 65° and also 70° has any one any knowledge of this .Thanks Tezza

Posts: 25 | Registered: October 09, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Seems to be top secret information. You can get many dovetail calculators on line. Generally, you can measure accurately with a pair of equal diameter dowel pins and dial cals. Trig it. Used to be, Brownells site gave dimensions on factory dovetail replacement sights. Now they just offer minimum of information. Same as most actual sight manufacturers. Damn shame as its good stuff to know. Pins, cals and trig.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just put a Sig rear sight on my Optical Comparator and it shows 70 degrees.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
I just put a Sig rear sight on my Optical Comparator and it shows 70 degrees.

That's cool! I had to netsearch " Optical Comparator."

The don't seem to have those at Harbor Freight.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Most any machine shop has a comparator. They are a must in checking difficult features on parts. Pretty cool a Member has one.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks GP229,
Your info was very helpful.
I have had confirmation of the 70degrees.
I am fitting a LPA adjustable rear sight to my P226 x 5 Tac.
It will be repositioned as it now hangs off the rear of the slide,I am looking for the same position with the same sight as used on the P226 LDC (long dust cover) they come with the same sight.
Cheers Tezza

Posts: 25 | Registered: October 09, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post