SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Surprized there is so little .357sig and .40S&W at SIG
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surprized there is so little .357sig and .40S&W at SIG Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It is a shame. At least there are pleanty of Glocks chambered in the round. I've owned more .357 Sig pistols than 9mm. More .45 ACPs than all of them combined. As much as I like the 9mm cartridge, the .357 Sig in a P226 is still my favorite defense package. Good lord I had wheel borrows of brass for it.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I don't know about dying off, but 357 fans have had to wait for SIG to make a batch of them before being able to get one for some years now. I was overjoyed when they actually made some of the earliest 320Fs in 357SIG, but it wasn't until about then that I finally got my mitts on a 250F in 357SIG.

This x 1000.
I am STILL waiting for a carry size 1911 in .357 that was promised YEARS ago...

this one?

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...nightmare-carry.html

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
357 needs to be around for at least five more years. I'm switching our gen3 31s over to gen4 31s in the fall. I figured they could get 10+ more years out of it. I can retire in 5 and will probably go, so it's up to them if they want to switch again at the next go round.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Sig 357 is a great round, I pick it over a 9mm. When the chips are down you want penetration and power.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1530 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
It's no different in our shop. Carry the product that people are asking for, and so few are asking for Fo-tay nowadays. The only 40S&W I keep in regular inventory these days is the Gen4 G23 and the VP40. P320s in 40S&W do move, albeit far more slower than 9mm so we concentrate on the 9mm and 45ACP variants for our inventory. As a related sidebar, 357SIG guns don't get much love from our loyalist customers, not when 10mm is very much alive and kicking. And when we're selling S&B ball 10mm @ $18 a box, and their 357SIG closer to $25 for a 50ct. People do notice how much it costs to feed their little babies...and that in turn has a bit of an impact on 40S&W gun sales (the whole barrel swap thing).

I DO get A LOT of requests for the 40S&W 22rd Glock mag, however.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I don't know about dying off, but 357 fans have had to wait for SIG to make a batch of them before being able to get one for some years now. I was overjoyed when they actually made some of the earliest 320Fs in 357SIG, but it wasn't until about then that I finally got my mitts on a 250F in 357SIG.

This x 1000.
I am STILL waiting for a carry size 1911 in .357 that was promised YEARS ago...

this one?

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...nightmare-carry.html

Nope. All I want is a normal plane jane 1911 in .357. no bobtail or anything like that.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
As much as I like the 9mm cartridge, the .357 Sig in a P226 is still my favorite defense package..

I don't really need another handgun, but I'm wondering if I should get a full size (P226)
357 Sig service pistol and repair parts before SigSauer totally abandons the caliber.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I don't really need another handgun, but I'm wondering if I should get a full size (P226)
357 Sig service pistol and repair parts before SigSauer totally abandons the caliber.

The only thing different about a 357 SIG P226 as compared to one chambered for 40 S&W is the barrel. Of course, now that legions of shooters are deciding they can’t handle the ferocious power of the 40 and therefore perhaps it’s on the way out as well …. Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
5-8 years ago I was willing to bet that the .357 Sig would almost replace all other defensive calibers due to it being so versatile.
Shows what I know. Wink

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
They still seem to be ready to keep up with .357sig and .40S&W with the P320, but not so much with the other models.

Time was the P229 was all .40S&W and .357sig. Now there are more 9mm models that the others.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Both my Sigs have had a 357, 40 and 9 barrel for years just because of the trends in this discussion that I figured could happen.

Plus I carry 357, but limit most practice to 40 because of cost.

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
5-8 years ago I was willing to bet that the .357 Sig would almost replace all other defensive calibers due to it being so versatile.
Shows what I know. Wink

I agree. I love the versatility of 357 Sig.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
...As a related sidebar, 357SIG guns don't get much love from our loyalist customers, not when 10mm is very much alive and kicking.

It wasn't that long ago we were discussing the demise of 10 mm. Funny how times have changed.

I hope 357 Sig makes a strong come back, but if it doesn't I am sitting on a pile of brass.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
For those who like to shoot .357 SIG, there is a smokin deal on our forum cheap-ammo thread. LEO 125 grn Gold Dots for 14.99 a box (50 rounds), and cheap shipping to boot. I picked up a case today.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
357 SIG

Your own family treats you like a red-headed stepchild.

At least this poor stepchild has someone to point and laugh at ... .45 GAP. Razz

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 229 and 229R both came in .40 and one came with an extra 357 barrel. I’m glad to have the option with that extra barrel for variety.

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I wonder howwell the .40s&w and .357Sig rounds do in the limited capacity magazine states?

If I was limited to 10 rounds, I'd pick the .357Sig over the 9mm, but barring the limitations I prefer 17 rounds of 9mm over 12 rounds of .357

Anyone else feel like this?

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
I wonder howwell the .40s&w and .357Sig rounds do in the limited capacity magazine states?

If I was limited to 10 rounds, I'd pick the .357Sig over the 9mm, but barring the limitations I prefer 17 rounds of 9mm over 12 rounds of .357

I'd still pick the 9. Recoil and cost go against the .357, plus ammo technology is so good these days that I would not feel under gunned at all carrying a 9.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
For those who like to shoot .357 SIG, there is a smokin deal on our forum cheap-ammo thread. LEO 125 grn Gold Dots for 14.99 a box (50 rounds), and cheap shipping to boot. I picked up a case today.

I tried to find the thread but several searches gave no result. Could you provide a link?

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:

You are not alone.

Just came back from son's college graduation in NY. I took a .40 instead of a 9mm for just this reason.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post