SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who around here still carries the P30?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who around here still carries the P30? Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I am used to the HK feast or famine distribution. Smile

Wow a US department that issues a P30. Always surprises me when I hear of departments going with anything but Glock since they tend to be so much cheaper and certainly are not poor weapons.

I think there was a Maine department that issues or issued the HK45.

As long as we are talking about magazines have you or the gentleman who’s department issues HKs seen any spring issues long term. I seem to remember some USP .45s years back having premature spring fatigue.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P30 V1 lite lem,

Posts: 276 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just started working with a P30V3. So far I really like it and I think it’s going to become my every day carry. I like my 226 a lot and will always have a soft spot for Sigs but the P30 is just easier to carry. I’m not there yet but I think I will be able to shoot it just as well if not better eventually. I’m not far off.

Posts: 166 | Registered: February 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I carry my P30SK occasionally,that or my Sig 220 compact.

Posts: 6 | Location: Cape Cod, Ma | Registered: October 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
My primary carry pistol is a P30sk V1 and I was fortunate to find a full sized brother to it i the used case locally. Nobody knew what LEM was so I was able to pick it up for much less than it should have gone for.

They are very smooth shooting pistols. The P30 feels more substantial than my VP9, but the later is a little easier to make shots with. Still, for carry, I like the LEM system and having a hammer to thumb when I holster.

Posts: 2501 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
perhaps based on what I have seen for testing the most reliable handgun you can carry with an operating system I can trust. So yup carry one. I'm a v3 person, but ok what's great is you can pick. try that with your glock.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I don't carry it but have a P30LS in 9mm. I really like this gun and the ability to run it cocked and locked was the main reason I bought it. I have plenty of DA autos, but have always preferred the same trigger pull every shot. The HK is very well made and 100% reliable, I won't be parting with it.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I found that the gun needed a wee bit of work to be useful for my needs. The grove in the trigger guard needed removed, and the DA lightened a bit to make it more usable. (I could work with it if it was 12 or maybe even 14 pounds but 18-20 pounds is excessive).
[snip]

I am a fan of the P30. It is just that some of the guns come with an oppressive trigger system, and may need some work.

Since someone decided to resurrect a two-year-old thread, I’ll chime in. The long and heavy trigger pull and long reset are what keep me from absolutely loving my P30LS. It sometimes sees nightstand duty with an X300U affixed, but lately it has been replaced by the SP-01 (with its own version of a crap trigger).

jljones, where did you have your P30 worked on? Greyguns?

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the P30 had its trigger break a little bit farther forward and a slightly different backstrap or beaver tail to prevent hammer bite, I would still be shooting it and would not have switched to a VP9.

I really really really wanted to make the P30 my one and only most favorite gun, but the aforementioned issues with how it interacted with my hands and the fact I could simply shoot the VP9 significantly better killed that idea. I will say though that the P30 is a wonderful, beautiful pistol.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
P30SK V1. Awesome gun and trigger works well for me.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried my P30sk from the day it was released until recently when I compared it side by side to a G19 and realized that they were nearly identical in size, yet the g19 gave me a whole hand on the grip and 5 more rounds. So I got a Gen 5 g19 and traded my P30sk for a Beretta M9.
I may pick up a full size P30 down the road, it was a fantastic pistol

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Well I still love mine.

To be honest the HK manual of arms suits me. I just gel with the paddle mag release, larger controls and take down.

I own and shoot just about everything from just about everybody but HK's are my go to not because they are the best but because I like the overall system/manual of arms they have.

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P30LS for me too. I have a new version of the gen5 Glock 19 and a CZ TSO in 9mm. The 19 probably carries better than the P30 and the TSO shoots a little better, but the P30 fits my hand like I modeled for it and it shoots very well. I want to try the SK at some point, but I like the Long Slide and the Cocked & Locked safety.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I've got a P30S that I've carried on trips and home defense. I always ended up wishing I would have got one without the manual safeties as I consider them unnecessary on a SA/DA pistol. I think I would have really liked to try a P30 in the Light LEM configuration. When I bought the S, I was under the impression it could be converted to a LEM but it appears HK doesn't recommend doing so.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The P30LS is the pistol I had to ask about here some time back as I didn't know what the switch was at the slides rear. Was it only ever made in 9mm and 40 S&W ? I think it would be a excellent carry pistol but do like the prospects of the .357 Sig round. Another P30 mentioned here has a barrel shorter than 4" and I like the longer tube of the LS.

Anyone have any input on getting the trigger lightened up ? I do like the manual safety. Also, Member Rhino had Gray Guns mods to his H&K which I thought to be very nice options. Some sort of finish added to internal parts. Info on that would be nice to read also. Thanx..

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
My P30 v3 is my EDC - carry it IWB in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. I sent it to Grayguns years ago for their reduced reset carry package.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
With the advent of the flush fit 17rd factory mags, I would guess a lot of them will come out of retirement.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Really? Does 2 rounds 15-17 really make a huge difference to most folks?

I mean 7 rounds vs 9 or 10 maybe but 15-17? Don’t get me wrong more is always better but I just never got my knickers in a twist over 15 vs 17,18 or 19. Or 15 vs 12 or 13 for that matter.

I guess the new mags could revitalize the platform but I just never got too upset over having 2 less rounds then a Glock 17 or whatever.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess the new mags could revitalize the platform but I just never got too upset over having 2 less rounds then a Glock 17 or whatever.

Ohh and if you find me dead at slide lock you have my permission to chisel that on my stone. Smile

Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:

Ohh and if you find me dead at slide lock you have my permission to chisel that on my stone. Smile

I hear you and totally agree. 15 vs 17 isn't a big deal at all. Lately, I've been carrying my P30L V1 just for the shits and giggles. I really love the ergos on the P30 series.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post