SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who around here still carries the P30?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who around here still carries the P30? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
Anyone still carrying and shooting the P30 in any variation?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Yup.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Carry a P30sk most of the time, sometimes a P30S in 9mm if carrying OWB during the winter. P30 in .357 Sig with a TLR-1 is on HD duty. The grip and finger grooves on the P30 just fit me.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, P30L V1 (light LEM) in .40, particularly as a duty pistol. I've also been concentrating on it in IDPA; my VP40 is doubtlessly faster/more purely shootable, but for the tie being, I'm gaming with what I carry.

Best, Jon

Posts: 995 | Location: Auburn, WA USA | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, P30L 9mm with Trijicon HD Orange Night Sights. Still a main EDC along with M11-A1, CZ 83.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Nope. In fact, I sold mine. I carry my Ruger LCRx, LC9s Pro, or my G 26. Unless I'm expecting trouble, and I trade my G26 for a G19.

I am looking a picking up a Colt Commander in a few weeks that has been tricked out. Be on the look out for a new thread when I pick it up.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add me to the list. The P30 is my go to for ccw in the winter when I wear bulky winter clothing. The p30 and glock 19 are my two favorite pistols ever.

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do. Whenever an RMR equipped gun isn't practical. I'm convinced it is perhaps the most reliable gun we can get.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
P30SK V1 here. Have S&W Shield 9mm that is thinner but when clothing permits prefer my HK.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sold my P30 Light LEM / GGI RRCDP this past fall.

It was the house gun, but after going G19 for most everything, it meant no sense to keep since I hadn't shot it in quite while.

Still have a P2000SK and HK45C, however.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
The P30L is on my short list. I miss my last one, but it had a safety and I didnt like it. So if i find one without a safety, I'll probably pick her up.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Yes I CCW my P30SK on occasion.

BTW looks like HK just did some big price cuts on the P30 and HK45 series. New P30 9MM are now under $600 and HK45/45C under $700. I wonder if this has anything to do with ramping up of their new factory in Georgia.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/M730903-A5

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have carried a P30 lem 9mm for several years. I carry it year round owb. It fits my hand perfectly. And I shoot it reasonably well. But. It’s the biggest freakin dust/lint magnet I have ever owned. I have to clean/delint the dam thing every other week. But. It’s ergonomics and it’s such a soft shooting gun make me forgive it for being a lint magnet. I like the P30 so much. I am going to buy another one because I just saw on another post that they are being sold for $561.00.

Posts: 624 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
P30 V3 9mm is one of four in my carry rotation.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Have gone all to HK for my needs, all V3/V1 DA/SA. I carry a P2000 90% of the time with the P30 as more of a house gun but do carry it from time to time. It carries fine but the stippling is a bit abrasive on my side hence I prefer the P2000.

My P30 has been awesome. Great shooter, reliable, feels great and actually has a decent trigger, barring the long reset.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Yes sir! I edc a P30sk LEM daily with a VP9 and USP45 as our house guns and part time suppressor hosts. Love the P30 series as a lefty and that grip is the bees knees!

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
P30L V3 9mm. Other than a Glock 40 MOS when I am out in the woods, all I carry now are HK pistols.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
Yes. P30 in .40, DA/SA.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Sold P30, using a G19-5.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stupidly sold my P30 LEM back in 0’15. Now just reordered a P30 V1 Light lem.

As for EDC, I’ve been EDCing my P2000sk in .40 / 357 for a few years.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post