SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    removing sig pro loaded chamber indicator
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

removing sig pro loaded chamber indicator Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone removed the loaded chamber indicator on their sig pro or seen it done? I was looking at my sig pro and thought the loaded chamber indicator could get stuck and cause a jam. Also looked like if you removed it chamber would not be compromised and you could see if round was in chamber thru the now empty space similar to S&W shield.

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
In what manner do you think a jam of some sort would occur with the LCI?

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
In what manner do you think a jam of some sort would occur with the LCI?

If the loaded chamber indicator got locked in down position I do not think round could enter chamber.

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Its not something to worry about. How many thousands upon thousands of rounds through these guns, and XD's, and we have never heard of a jamming LCI???

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The shark fin LCI of my CA P238 does slightly complicate cleaning the breech face. I've considered filing the beak of the LCI off for that reason. That would assuage your worries about it causing a jam, however unlikely that is.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
If the LCI bothers you remove it.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post