SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Legion grips vs Hogue G10 grips... Thickness?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Legion grips vs Hogue G10 grips... Thickness? Login/Join 
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted
I have a P226 Legion and it fits my hand very well (small hands, short fingers). Since Sig won’t sell Legion grips, my question is are the Hogue G10’s the same thickness or thicker than the Legions? I’m considering the G10’s for other P226’s I have. What say you?

Thanks!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Legion G10 grips are made by Hogue, aren't they? If so, I suspect there should be no differences.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Legion G10 grips are made by Hogue, aren't they? If so, I suspect there should be no differences.

Q, I wasn’t sure, so I was looking for someone who knows for sure.

Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
The Legion grips are made by Hogue. They are the "Extreme Aluminum" grips you can get them without the Legion logo for DA/SA guns. I don't think you can get them for SAO at the moment. A Hogue G10 grip will certainly be fatter in you hand than the aluminum grips, which are nice and trim.

https://www.hogueinc.com/grips...r/p226/dasa/aluminum

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
The Legion grips are made by Hogue. They are the "Extreme Aluminum" grips you can get them without the Legion logo for DA/SA guns. I don't think you can get them for SAO at the moment. A Hogue G10 grip will certainly be fatter in you hand than the aluminum grips, which are nice and trim.

https://www.hogueinc.com/grips...r/p226/dasa/aluminum

I thought Legion grips were G10? Confused
Btw, Hogue G10 and Alu grips have exactly the same dimensions.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Q, I wasn’t sure, so I was looking for someone who knows for sure.

I wasn't sure if Legion grips were made by Hogue, because there is another outfit that makes factory G10 grips for SIG. It's SCI in NH. They make grips for the Classic Carry series (P225-A1, P226, P229).

Q

Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Huh, yeah, you're right, they are G10. Not sure where I got the idea they were Al, the checkered grips do have the same design in both material types. Not sure about actual dimension on the Hogue grips, but on my guns (I don't have a Legion, yet), their Aluminum grips feel a lot more svelte than my chain link G10 grips. It could be superficial, though.

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I've measured them myself, and Ken of Hogue has said also that they are the same dimensions. Maybe it's the different textures between the 2 grips that gives you that feeling.

Q

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
If I’m not mistaken, the legion 226 has an undercut under the trigger guard that really feels different. The legion grips look like they are slightly fitted to the undercut.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
If I’m not mistaken, the legion 226 has an undercut under the trigger guard that really feels different. The legion grips look like they are slightly fitted to the undercut.

Smithn, you are correct. That allows you to get a higher grip on the pistol. I’m trying to find the thinnest grips for standard P226’s. I was just using the thickness of the Legions as a comparison.

I’ll probably end up buying a set of the Hogue G10’s and try them.