SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    North American Arms "Earl" mini revolver
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

North American Arms "Earl" mini revolver Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Loaded with rat shot, might be preferable to going mano a mano with a rattle snake, though.

I'm not sure how much shot you could pack in there or how far it would carry enough energy to whack a snake.

I tried some of those .22 shot shells. The shot is number 12, and there aren't many pellets. They carry very little energy. You'd have to be closer to a snake than most people want to be to kill a snake over a foot or so with one of them.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
There's a good bit of difference in the effectiveness of 22 magnum shot (1/8 oz of shot) cartridges and 22LR (1/15th oz of shot) shot cartridges. I've killed several rattlers with the magnums and they have been ok at distances up to maybe 8'. The 22LR are much less impressive. The old fashioned crimped 22LR shotshells might as well be "blanks" for all the good they do.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't handled the Black Widow which has the oversized rubber grip, but as a dude with some artritus, shooting the std NA arms .22 with it's slick little grips is ....

...interesting. And not a lot of fun. But I like the lil thing. Have the best buckle holder. Don't wear it though, but I like the idea.

(Not mine) pic avail below, too big for the forum.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Use...28143/wm_5662437.jpg

and

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The .22 Mag PUG has always been my favorite NAA pistol:

I had one for a couple years and dumbly sold it when I needed cash. Now I'm married and financial manager (wife) is very strict with the gun buying Big Grin

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post