SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For CZ Fanatics... A Very Early CZ-75 B
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For CZ Fanatics... A Very Early CZ-75 B Login/Join 
posted
I got a very early production “B” model over the weekend.

I really didn’t know much about the inception of the firing pin block (B) model when I bought this pistol. But, what I’ve learned about it is very unexpected.

According to information on “The Original CZ Forum,” the lowest known “B” model serial number is “N7xxx.”

*As of 11/22/19, my pistol (N2xxx) has been identified to be the lowest “B” model seen; the “sticky” now updated by the moderator.

Here are particulars of my pistol:
- SN N2xxx
- Deep blue finish
- Transitional roll stamps
- No import marks

Anyway, for me this is part of the fun... you never know what you’ll find on the used market. I’ve wanted a CZ-75 variant for a while, now. I just never anticipated my dumb luck!

*Pictures edited for decreased bandwidth.

-Bill

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill-in-Texas,

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
a little bit earlier and you could have avoided the firing pin block...

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Need bigger pics so I can make out the atomic structure.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:

Yep...!

I will try to decrease them through the picture site.
I’ve not had this problem before; I’m sure there’s a way to normal-size the pics.

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:

Now, that's funny Smile. Your pix over on SWF are easier on the eyes since they have some kind of auto-sizing functionality running there. Huge pix or not - that's a beautiful CZ!!

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Nice find! What is the date on the slide?

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ace73:
Nice find! What is the date on the slide?

This is an example of a very early “B” model, CZ-75 Bs were begun in 1993.

Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Congrats!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I’m always “on the hunt” for something different from the typical finds.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Very nice; no import marks- possibly a serviceman bring-back in a duffel bag?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought mine new in box in 2000, but it is stamped 96. People tell me they built some for the Turkish govt. And the Turks cancelled the order, so the guns sat in a warehouse for 4 years. Wish mine had the nice blued finish yours has. Mine is the black polymer spray on crap.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MidWesternBoy
posted Hide Post
Love the blued finish. I lucked into a very nice no-import 88 pre b poly coat. Always on the lookout for the blued ones though.

—————————————————-
Rights do not require a need for them to be demonstrated. Otherwise they would be privileges.

Posts: 24 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: December 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I saw my first CZ 75 in 1978 or early 1979. Don't recall the finish exactly but I think it was black paint.

The guy who had it was some sort of Fed. I was at Ray's Sport Shop in NJ. Lots of LE hung out there and they moved a LOT of firearms to LE Agencies.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pshooter62:
I bought mine new in box in 2000, but it is stamped 96. People tell me they built some for the Turkish govt. And the Turks cancelled the order, so the guns sat in a warehouse for 4 years. Wish mine had the nice blued finish yours has. Mine is the black polymer spray on crap.

Bill - Congratulations on a great find with apologies for the slight thread drift. The CZ 75 is among my favorite 9mm pistols. Your blue finish model is stunning.

pshooter62 - Here is an excellent piece re: the CZ 75B Military. Don't discount the polymer finish either. It is very durable with parkerizing underneath.

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=14710.0

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
CZ no longer offfers that high polish blue finish. It's somewhat fragile when compared to standard bluing, but it is very handsome. Here's my CZ75 Compact in high polish blue, produced in 1999.

Here's a pic of it I intentionally overexposed slightly in order to better show the finish.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
A comment about GI bring-backs. When I left Germany in 1986 there were restrictions on the guns that permission (by the ATF?) would be granted to take to the US. Strangely, one of the restrictions was no revolvers with ~2" barrels, even if, like the S&W J frame models, they were originally produced in the US. I therefore have a model 65 with 3 inch barrel and German proof marks.

On the other hand, I know of no reason why the topic gun would have had to have been smuggled in someone’s duffle bag. Considering the customs checks in effect even in 1986, such an attempt would surely have been discovered—to the service member’s great detriment. I still have an HK P7 PSP that was imported completely legally and bears no import marks.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Yes, there is no issue with individual imports being brought back legally, with no import marks required. You occasionally see SIGs like that here from time to time - several German made P239s and P229s have been posted over the years with no import marks IIRC.

OT, that's a beautiful CZ you have there. Just gorgeous.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link hjs 157. I didn't know any of that. Mine also has the thumbrest grips .

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Beautiful old specimen there! I’ve recently become a huge fan of CZs, having purchased 3 different models in the last 20 or so months.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the kind comments. And, also for the link hjs157, I thank you. I’m learning something new about CZs and their clones daily, it seems.

What started as a time-killer while new tires were put on my car, turned into a very happy discovery in a nearby sporting goods store. I had about an hour to kill and it seemed like a good way to spend it. Imagine my surprise to see a blued “B” under the glass counter!

-Bill