SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For CZ Fanatics... A Very Early CZ-75 B
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For CZ Fanatics... A Very Early CZ-75 B Login/Join 
Picture of RoboV
posted Hide Post
I picked up my CZ75B back in the late 90's if my memory is correct.

The serial number on my gun doesn't begin with a letter it begins with the numbers and ends with a letter, "xxx0M". It's the opposite of what I see posted here.

Did CZ change their method of serialzing guns? Just a little curious.

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"

Posts: 621 | Location: Destrehan, La. U.S. | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
A comment about GI bring-backs. When I left Germany in 1986 there were restrictions on the guns that permission (by the ATF?) would be granted to take to the US. Strangely, one of the restrictions was no revolvers with ~2" barrels, even if, like the S&W J frame models, they were originally produced in the US. I therefore have a model 65 with 3 inch barrel and German proof marks.

On the other hand, I know of no reason why the topic gun would have had to have been smuggled in someone’s duffle bag. Considering the customs checks in effect even in 1986, such an attempt would surely have been discovered—to the service member’s great detriment. I still have an HK P7 PSP that was imported completely legally and bears no import marks.

An Army buddy brought a CZ-75 back this way. My CZ-75 has no import markings so we assumed it came back with a GI as well. Back in the 1980's you couldn't legally import these guns because of the cold war. At the time they were selling for around $600 in late 80's money IF you could find a seller.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats a great looking blued model. Congrats on finding and having the good sense to buy it.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hangtime:
Thats a great looking blued model. Congrats on finding and having the good sense to buy it.

Thanks, Hangtime.
It was just dumb luck. I figure, if I look around enough in my free time, I’m bound to find something, once in a while!

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
A comment about GI bring-backs. When I left Germany in 1986 there were restrictions on the guns that permission (by the ATF?) would be granted to take to the US. Strangely, one of the restrictions was no revolvers with ~2" barrels, even if, like the S&W J frame models, they were originally produced in the US. I therefore have a model 65 with 3 inch barrel and German proof marks.

On the other hand, I know of no reason why the topic gun would have had to have been smuggled in someone’s duffle bag. Considering the customs checks in effect even in 1986, such an attempt would surely have been discovered—to the service member’s great detriment. I still have an HK P7 PSP that was imported completely legally and bears no import marks.

The "non-sporting firearms" part of the Gun Control Act of 1968 applies to all imported firearms, even if the firearm was originally produced in the US.

Posts: 11 | Registered: February 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post