SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Danish Armed Forces Selects SIG P320 X-Carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Danish Armed Forces Selects SIG P320 X-Carry Login/Join 
Picture of sleepla8er
posted

Article with photos posted at:
www.SoldierSystems.net/2018/04/12/danish-armed-forces-begins-fielding-sig-p320-x-carry/

Danish Armed Forces Selects SIG P320 X-Carry
Thursday, April 12th, 2018 at 13:00

Late last year, the Danish Armed Forces adopted the SIG P320 X-Carry based on a tender overseen by the Ministry of Defense’s Food and Purchasing Board (FMI). The pistols are supplied by local vendor, CT Solution Aps.

According to the Danish Army, a total of four guns were tested and they were subjected to “all conceivable conditions” by users of the Special Operations, Military Police, Air Force and Army. The P320 was the best candidate in the four-week trial period. The test program was prepared by Hærens Kamp- og Ildstøttecenter (HKIC) in cooperation with FMI. of malfunction test, accuracy test, shooting in the dark and field field. The gun was also tested by experts from Direct Shooting Weapons (DSV) at HKIC. made drop test, penetration test and precision test.

The P320 will be supplied in two versions, a standard and a concealed carry version. These will replace all pistols in the Armed Forces, such as the M / 49 which would only carry 8 rounds compated to the 21 rounds of the P320.

Fielding has begun and the new pistol is expected to be full fielded to all units by the end of 2019 with new equipmemt training to be completed by the Commonwealth Defense Command (VFK).

This video from the Danish Defense’s YouTube Channel depicts the testing.

www.YouTube.com/watch?v=1ANG0e6N6aQ

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Congrats to SIG (though I still think the G17 is the better gun and the 19X better still Razz). Interesting that the FNH 509 and CZ P-10C are nowhere to be found.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Interesting to know would be why of some big names like S&W, Walther or HK did not made an entry into the trials or if they did, why they have not been tested at all.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
Interesting to know would be why of some big names like S&W, Walther or HK did not made an entry into the trials or if they did, why they have not been tested at all.

According to the article
quote:
...a total of four guns were tested...

Didn't say which guns. Do you know something more that the article didn't mention?

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Beretta, Glock, Canik, SIGSauer. They can be seen in the video.

"Most advanced pistol" is the comment of the HKIC spokesperson about the P230.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’ve been nothing short of impressed by my experiences with the 509. An outstanding pistol
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Congrats to SIG (though I still think the G17 is the better gun and the 19X better still Razz). Interesting that the FNH 509 and CZ P-10C are nowhere to be found.

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
We live in great times. Right now, Glock and Smith and Wesson are at the top of their striker fired game. The M&P 2.0 is the best version yet. The Gen5 Glocks can't be beat. The 320 seems to be maturing nicely too. So many great pistols to choose from.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:

S&W was one of the original 5 guns which began the Danish testing. S&W was the first eliminated.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...ice-pistol-2019-one/

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I’ve been nothing short of impressed by my experiences with the 509. An outstanding pistol
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

The earlier FN pistols have been problematic, however the FN 501 (a non commercial variant of the 509) was the other pistol which passed the recent DHS / ICE testing.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Iirc, Denmark was the first user for the P250, as well (first gen...). They finally got the ‘modular pistol’ they originally wanted.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glow:
Iirc, Denmark was the first user for the P250, as well (first gen...). They finally got the ‘modular pistol’ they originally wanted.

I believe you're thinking of the Dutch (Netherlands), not the Danish (Denmark). The Danish never used the P250.

However, the Dutch weren't the first user, and it wasn't the first gen P250s they adopted.

The updated "Gen 2" P250 was introduced in 2009. The Dutch adopted the P250 for their national police force in 2011, and planned to order 45,000 P250s, but the contract was cancelled later that year when the production P250s they received were found to be unreliable with their oddball issued ammo (a lightweight semi-hollowpoint 9mm round).

The Dutch Police subsequently adopted the Walther P99Q.

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

According to the article
quote:
...a total of four guns were tested...
To me it read like the tested 4 copies of the Sig not 4 different models. Either way I wonder if other models of handguns were tested and how they faired.

Posts: 20 | Registered: August 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Viajero:
To me it read like the tested 4 copies of the Sig not 4 different models. Either way I wonder if other models of handguns were tested and how they faired.

As shown at ~0:09 in the video, there were four different handgun models tested: Sig P320 X-Carry, Beretta APX, Glock 17 Gen 5, and Canik TP9 SF.

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Hopefully we'll see more P210s imported as a result?

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post