SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Did anyone notice the new slogan on SIG website?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did anyone notice the new slogan on SIG website? Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Sounds like a legal strategy

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Actually in today's legal world that is just the opposite, something like 90% of law suits are settled out of court.

How about:

"Will even fire if dropped"

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down

Razz

Haha as I was reading the first couple posts I was thinking this

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Never give up, never surrender!

Activate the Omega 13

But what does it do?

"...and it exploded."

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Another potential winner.

"If you build it completely drop safe, you legitimize mishandling."- Ron Cohen

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
"To Hell with Reliability"

Incorporating two slogans into one while simultaneously capturing the pure essence of the brand. Perfect! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: elde,

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DonGlock26
posted Hide Post
Never Settle......for Indian MIM....

-----------------------------------
"If they don't go concentrating on meaningless cosmetic changes, like rainbow this or two-tone that, or wood grip panels from the ackabalacka tree"-Parabellum

Posts: 1197 | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Another potential winner.

"If you build it completely drop safe, you legitimize mishandling."- Ron Cohen

That is a troubling quote from that guy.

He acts like drop safety on striker fired guns is a new concept when people have been throwing Glocks off buildings and out of aircraft trying to get them to fire since they were introduced.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Were still better than Taurus"

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:

He acts like drop safety on striker fired guns is a new concept when people have been throwing Glocks off buildings and out of aircraft trying to get them to fire since they were introduced.

Well that just proves there will always be really stupid people in every group.

I've dropped a few guns, even some striker fired pistols... but never intentionally.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
“Bang, Bang, MF”

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Turns out SIG's 'Never Settle' is plagiarized.

At least one example of 'prior art' exists. A cellphone maker called OnePlus used "Never stop moving. Never settle." as their slogan in 2015, then shortened it later on to 'Never Settle'.

Incomplete phrases like this 'Never Settle' just bug the shit out of me. My brain instantly asks, "For what???". So I did a Google search as to the origin of this half-completed, half-baked term. That's when this OnePlus company popped up in the results. They posted a YT ad/video that is themed around the "Never stop moving. Never settle" slogan. In 2015. Their company website shows that it shortened the catchphrase to "Never Settle." Maybe they didn't copyright the phrase, but it's abundantly clear that SIG's marketing people aren't as clever as they think they are.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:Isn't that just a variation of Heckler & Koch's old slogan of "In a world of compromise, some MEN don't"?

I thought their slogan was "Because you suck and we hate you."

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
The new slogan looks like a descent for the company. Maybe, there have just been too many bad marketing meetings run amok. Well, at least it looks like a step in the wrong direction for marketing and what it says about the company.

To Hell and Back Reliability
Focus on the user.
Promotes use/function Reason to buy.
We care first about a hard use, reliable firearm.
This is the brand to choose for those serious about a no-nonsense firearm.

When It Counts
Counts for whom?
Focus on the changing company.
Promotes company’s quantity of sales desire.
To increase sales, we’ll make it in as many rainbow colors/styles as you want.
Aimed at the company’s bottom line number of units sold.

Never Settle
Focus on the vain consumer.
Promotes the Vanity Reason to buy.
Don’t let your vanity settle for anything but a Sig.
Aimed at consumerism to get someone to buy regardless of actual/perceived flaws of the product.

Where is this going? Who knows but here’s a slogan: “To K-Car and Back Again?” Of course, if it took that whole direction, everything would be chambered in 4 cylinder .32. Wink

The P320 is an example of how Sig is veering off course but is also doing great things. To the consumer, though, to make a safer and more robust P320 for the military introduces the idea that Sig has two tiers of products now.

It used to be that “To Hell and Back Reliability” applied to all of the Sig products. Now, we have to question that. The new slogan actually reinforces a shift to vanity products.

Maybe one of the truly knowledgeable Sig historians could tell us if there was a difference between what the Seals fielded and what the consumer bought, in say, a P226. I am not aware of any difference.

Didn't Sig solve the drop fire and out of battery firing issue with the military version while leaving the P320 vulnerable to that in its civilian version?

Again, this slogan looks like a back step for the company; it sends the wrong message at a time when they should buttress the old message and sell the Sig as a serious, hard use weapon.

For all the good of marketing, there are times when I don't see how marketing departments so easily seem to lose sight of direct truths about what made a product great.

It now looks like they are trying to sell the brand and not the firearm.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Turns out SIG's 'Never Settle' is plagiarized.

At least one example of 'prior art' exists. A cellphone maker called OnePlus used "Never stop moving. Never settle." as their slogan in 2015, then shortened it later on to 'Never Settle'.

Incomplete phrases like this 'Never Settle' just bug the shit out of me. My brain instantly asks, "For what???". So I did a Google search as to the origin of this half-completed, half-baked term. That's when this OnePlus company popped up in the results. They posted a YT ad/video that is themed around the "Never stop moving. Never settle" slogan. In 2015. Their company website shows that it shortened the catchphrase to "Never Settle." Maybe they didn't copyright the phrase, but it's abundantly clear that SIG's marketing people aren't as clever as they think they are.

They had a focus group made up of Cohen, Cohen, Cohen, Cohen, Cohen......and came up with this slogan. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Could have been worse, it could have been "No Compromise" with a magazine loaded backwards.....

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe they didn't copyright the phrase, but it's abundantly clear that SIG's marketing people aren't as clever as they think they are.

Fair enough, but "never settle" has been used commonly enough in advertising that there may be no legal way to protect their exclusive use of the phrase - or for anyone to prevent them from using it.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Cohen and his cronies don’t have a clue how to be effective in marketing. Unsupported products a year or two after release, poor follow-up on public communications or misleading statements altogether (“don’t worry, we won’t be offering flashy slide treatments in the future”), intentionally misleading advertising (“Classic P225” my ass), poor quality control (leading to brand erosion), etc. Nothing new to SF members unfortunately.
Never Settle to me sounds like a liberal slogan, all of which amount to “just buy what we’re preaching and don’t question things.” Never will I let that shit Settle.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, let'a take it easy, please. This is kind of a funny thread if you approach it correctly. Let's just take it easy.

I mean, come on- I don't think "To Hell with Reliability" is fitting for SIG, but you have to admit that that's funny.

Have fun with it. Let's leave the personal attacks out of it, please.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
OK, let'a take it easy, please. This is kind of a funny thread if you approach it correctly. Let's just take it easy.

I mean, come on- I don't think "To Hell with Reliability" is fitting for SIG, but you have to admit that that's funny.

Have fun with it. Let's leave the personal attacks out of it, please.

Thank you, and I agree. My comment above was meant to be light hearted jab, should not hurt Mr. Cohen and is not to be taken seriously. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post