Fancy 1911 Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
I like your blue VZ's.

They are LOK's.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holy thread resurrection Batman!!!

I appreciate the suggestions, old and new, but I've been unable to find anything that "trips my trigger" so to speak and have moved on to other things on my wish list. I have added a Nightmare carry, a compact CZ, a couple third gen Smith autos and a half dozen Sigs to my collection in the past year. The Vbob is just gonna have to do for now.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
The Vbob is just gonna have to do for now.

Hell you can make a CBOB / VBOB look fantastic with just a few tweaks. Here's mine: Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Holy thread resurrection Batman!!!

I appreciate the suggestions, old and new, but I've been unable to find anything that "trips my trigger" so to speak and have moved on to other things on my wish list. I have added a Nightmare carry, a compact CZ, a couple third gen Smith autos and a half dozen Sigs to my collection in the past year. The Vbob is just gonna have to do for now.

If you like the S&W 3rd Gen then buy a 4506 and Flitz or Simichrome and polish that big boy up. Have not done it myself but I have used for sale that might be used as shaving mirrors.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Money no object, I would love a Doug Turnbull 1911. Probably something case hardened. I have a Brown but Turnbull’s stuff is amazing.

https://www.turnbullrestoratio...heritage-model-1911/

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I'm with GaryBF, go with Ed Brown..

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great thread. Thanks for resurrecting it.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Eb Brown. Here's my very Plain Jane version. The closest catalog model is the Executive Target. This one was ordered with an unmarked slide as well as an untextured front strap. The grip safety is their abbreviated 'Concealed Carry' model. Given the option, I would have preferred a GI profile grip safety, thumb safety and hammer.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Really great looking pistols on this page, I especially like the grips on your pistol, bald1.

The pistol posted just above with the changes made that hsj157 listed would be just about an ideal for me, honestly. I want a pistol just like my '43 Remington-Rand in stainless with some modern sights and a nice trigger and the rest as much the same as possible, including an arched mainspring housing.

I had a Springfield Loaded Champion I bought used with 1918 Colt blued controls, mainspring housing, and trigger along with the matching Colt 1918 double diamond walnut grips that came off the cracked donor frame. The whole thing was matte stainless with polished slide flats that I further polished to mirror smooth. I wished it was Gov't length, and something a bit nicer like an Ed Brown with those appointments. It would have been a fantastic range gun, and I intend to build one up just like that.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Really great looking pistols on this page, I especially like the grips on your pistol, bald1.

Those grips on my Dan Wesson CBOB are Ryan Payne's (aka Sarge) Finer Grain custom "tweener" grips in "3D" Afzelia Xylay with satin polyurethane finish. http://www.thefinergrain.com/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

Those grips on my Dan Wesson CBOB are Ryan Payne's (aka Sarge) Finer Grain custom "tweener" grips in "3D" Afzelia Xylay with satin polyurethane finish. http://www.thefinergrain.com/

Some nice work there, thanks for the link!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bald one ,that D.W. 50th is wonderful

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
if you can find an older Kimber (from the Clackamas) era, they are really beautiful. I have one in that shiny black "chrome" finish and everyone that sees it raves about it

Yep, that's the ticket. I have two Classic Stainless Gold Matches and they are quite something Cool They are 'series 1', even though they are Yonkers guns, not Clackamas.

This is the modern version of what I have.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post