SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    TFO Sights for the P320 (#6 or #8)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TFO Sights for the P320 (#6 or #8) Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone come across any TFO Sights for the P320?
I found some for Sigs but they appear to be for the P2## series and not the P320.

Edited:
I just found some on Sigs web site.
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/parts/sights.html

Does the P320 take the #6 or #8?

Posts: 167 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The P320 uses the same style sights as the traditional P-Series Sigs. It's just a matter of figuring out the correct height.

Some P320s have #8 front and #8 rear, while others have #6 front and #8 rear.

Look on your existing P320's sights. There should be very small numerals marked on the front and rear sights. Match those to the equivalent height P-Series TFOs.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
No, you can NOT use regular TFO sights on a P320. You have to order a Sig cut front sight from sig. The TFO will not clear the slide on the P320 without being undercut like Truglo provides for sig.

The ones you linked to are fine, but don't order a standard set elsewhere.

9mm full size uses #8/#8, 9mm compact uses #6/#8

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
Just a heads up on sight #'s / heights. I just bought bought a P320F in 45acp and it came with #8's on the front and rear. Me and 4 other shooters put a total of 300 rounds through it, and it's spot on.
Make sure that you confirm the sight #'s on your particular gun before ordering new ones Wink

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zacsquatch:

While that's the general trend, I've seen reports of Full Size 9mms with 6/8 and Compact/Carry 9mms with 8/8.

There doesn't seem to be much uniformity.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

While that's the general trend, I've seen reports of Full Size 9mms with 6/8 and Compact/Carry 9mms with 8/8.

There doesn't seem to be much uniformity.

My 2015 compact has 8/8's and roommates dec 2016 carry has 6/8's. You're right about that, shits all over the board.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, all over the board.

FWIW, Sig CS told me that the P320 sight numbers are the same as the classic P-series. Got that in an e-mail from my CS rep when I had some slide work done. Didn't clarify whether that was slide length, caliber or both. Consistent with what Rogue said above. Regardless, use your Sig OEM numbers as a guide.

I suspect they will install a different sight number at the factory if post mfg testing shows a large sight POI discrepancy. Just a guess though.

I replaced the Sig sights for my P320C 9 mm and FS .40 with Heinie SlantPro black/black. The Heinie sights don't differentiate by caliber, they use only model number. Heinie #330P for P226 & P239, #332P for P220 & P229.

My own P226 .40, P320FS .40 and P239 .40 came with Sig 6/8. Same calibers, but markedly different slide lengths (re P239).

My own P229 .40, and P320C 9 mm came with Sig 8/8. Slide lengths the same, but different calibers.

I've replaced the Sig OEM sights with Heinie's on P226, P229, P239, P320C 9mm and P320FS .40. POA/POI is just fine on all of them. However, nearly all of my shooting is defensive draw/fire drills between 15 yards and 6". If you're doing 50 yards, POI may or may not be acceptable for you.

Confused yet?

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I have found #6/8 on two of my pistols (P320c and P320sc both with night sights) and #8/8 on the third (P320sc with contrast sights). All are 9mm.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My P320 Full Size has 6/8.
My P320 Compact X-Change Kit (that I sold) had 8/8.
My P320 Carry has 6/8.
All 9mms.

posted Hide Post
After reading the replies I took a closer look at the sights and see the number is actually stamped on it. Good to know.
I will be ordering the ones from the Sig web site.
Thanks.

Posts: 167 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My compact has 8 and 8.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, is the #8 front sight higher or lower than the #6?

Posts: 303 | Location: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: January 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
If you are gonna get TFO's get the TFx pro models

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RUT:

#8 is .220" tall and a #6 is .230".

The higher the number the higher the POI.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
quote:
Originally posted by RUT:

#8 is .220" tall and a #6 is .230".

The higher the number the higher the POI.

Ok, thanks for the info. My 320C has a #6 front sight and is shooting waaaay low, so it looks like a #8 is in order.

Posts: 303 | Location: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: January 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the higher the number the lower the sight is kinda like wire numbers.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, you can NOT use regular TFO sights on a P320. You have to order a Sig cut front sight from sig. The TFO will not clear the slide on the P320 without being undercut like Truglo provides for sig.

The ones you linked to are fine, but don't order a standard set elsewhere.

So these listed here will require additional modifications?
https://www.truglo.com/firearm...4C239330C1841BDD3D5E

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Checked my P320 FS .45 ACP last night. Both #8.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Good information here. We recently had a fellow bring in a newly purchased full size 9mm 320 that he claimed was shooting several inches low at 10yds on its first visit to the range. Both he and a shooting partner were getting the same results. Upon close inspection of the gun I found that it came with #6 marked front and rear sights. At the time I thought that didn't seem right but we were quite busy at the time and didn't have a computer free to search for more data, so the only advice I could offer was for him to contact SIG CS and verify if those are the correct sight heights for a full size 9/40/357SIG slide.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
I use the standard TFOs #8 front and read for my 9mm and 40 exchange kit. They work great for
Me

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post