SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Full circle with Sig
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Full circle with Sig Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
I joined here back in 2005, not too long after I made my very first Sig purchase, a Sigpro SP2340. I liked it well enough though really always wanted a 229 and sort of “settled” on the PRO due to finances and being a college kid. Well I ended up selling that PRO, and getting my 229TT in fotay and it has been a wonderful ride since, adding Sigs both buying and selling over the last almost 15 years. I have a amassed a decent collection of classic Sigs, some West German, some American born, but all great pieces in their own right.

I remember seeing the Sigpro SP 2022 a few years back and thinking maybe I’d try another PRO someday, but never picked one up. Well I came full circle the other day when I found a NIB 2022 in 9mm at my LGS for $399 so I had to grab it. It feels pretty great in the hand and is quite well fit and finished much like my classic Sigs. I hope that I can find lasting appreciation with this PRO and keep it in the stable. It’s been a great 15 years of Sig ownership, and this forum has been a wonderful place to unwind on a daily basis so thanks to all who participate on here. Please feel free to share your Sig Pro pics and stories.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I think all you'll need to do is shoot it regularly for a while. I notice the difference in recoil with the 357SIG version, but it's not enough to bother me and the recoil of the 9mm doesn't feel like anything much at all. The trigger, of course, should be great.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Ah, the lure of nostalgia... Wink

The SIGPros are fine guns. Rather big but excellent nonetheless. I'd like to say that I was compelled to own one but I DID make my first SIG a 229 so I've never gotten around to buying a SIGPro even though I've always enjoyed shooting them. And it's now unlikely that I will, given how many of my alloy SIGs I already own that I have precious little time as it is to take out to the range to shoot. At some point it finally made more sense to find actual utility for the guns that I already own than adding more of the same kind to the pile. Logic is such a killjoy...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I know, I keep telling myself that I have plenty that don’t even get shot as it is yet I keep acquiring. I have been on a bargain shopping spree the past year and have picked up several polymer pistols for hundreds less than I’ve seen them in the past. It’s fun to not spend top dollar for a change.

posted Hide Post
I have a 9mm TT. Love it and its on my "never sell" list.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Had the stainless slide version been available I would have grabbed that one as I like the look.